Ikea Symfonisk remote for Sonos

No, you asked again about the remote control:

What I answered in the previous post:

And this is absolut independent from the lamp.
You have to understand it like this. Homey is a large shelf with many boxes. The smart devices are located in the boxes, but they’re not connected to each other.
Homey now does the work so that the individual devices can communicate with each other. For example, if you want to switch on the IKEA Zigbee RGBW bulb via the Homey smartphone app, the signal is sent from the smartphone app to Homey and Homey sends the command to the IKEA Zigbee RGBW bulb that it should be switched on. You can also do the same with an IKEA remote control, but you don’t have to. Like all other devices, the IKEA remote control is not directly connected to the IKEA lamp.
And as @Wojciech_Ciarkowski confirmed, it doesn’t even have to be an IKEA bulb, because in the SYMFONISK Speaker lamp is just a dump bulbholder installed.

By the way, I will always say “theoretically” or “presumably” if I haven’t checked it myself. So thanks to @Wojciech_Ciarkowski for the confirmation.

1 Like

Hi
right now i use the Ikea Symfonisk Version 1 the is working without HUB from Ikea but the Volume doesnt work ok.
Can somebody confirm the Version 2 from Ikea is working with the Volume in both direction?

thanks al lot

All the versions work great here so maybe explain a bit what you’re trying to do and what’s not working exactly (like a example of your flow)

Thats my Flow

and this doesnt work

You don’t explain exactly what doesn’t work and what your goal is by rotating in any direction.
Have you already checked both flow cards separately?
– When Remote is rotated (Enter way / Left / Right), then send timeline notification.
– When This flow is started, then Set relative volume (# Lautstärke setzen)

As already mentioned, the first gen. works in both directions, but you have to select Left or Right instead of Either way. I used the RC myself a time ago.

According the 2nd gen. I don’t own it but it will certainly work too. This one has two separate buttons for the volume up and down. In the flow card then you have to choose which button is pressed, volume up or volume down:

Or what do you expect how it should work? As long as you hold the volume up button, the volume is increased until you release the button?

Sorry but

right now i can get the Sonos only in one Direction

after i press volume up

works now i dont no why befor not.

Ok but how can i setup the Volume quieter, this downst work

my Flow is this

do i have to setup one other flow?

Ok, I guess I got it now.
As I mentioned already, instead of Either way, please use Left or Right. That means, that you need 2 flows. One to increase the volume and one to decrease the volume.

The other point is the Sonos flow card. Instead of using the tag (# Lautstärke setzen), please use the slider to adjust the volume:

15 % means, increase the current volume by 15 %

-15 % means, decrease the current volume by 15 %

Sorry Dirk but
i only have there

and
this

i dont have any Left or Right

Counter clockwise = Left (Gegen den Uhrzeigersinn)
Clockwise = Right (Mit dem Uhrzeigersinn)

Thank you very much now it is working Dirk.

ich was testing this first only in one direction but you have to setup 2 Flows after that it is working. If you setup only one flow the slider is going from 0 to 100% :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for youre Support

1 Like