Ikea Parasoll door / Windows sensor

1. Different batteries has different chemistry and will discharge differently depending on current draw on them. Even if they are standard “AAA”. Eg. they can lose energy for nothing even if you pull a low current from them.
  2. Different batterier also self-discharge differently. Even with no load on them.
  3. They also have different discharge curves (meaning will give different voltages depending on how depleted they are.)
  4. And the most obvious. They also have different amount of capacity (energy, charge) in them.
  5. Different batteries also changes all of the above differently in colder weather.

So two different brands of AAA-rechargable batteries can be much different.

I have zero issues with the batteries but I have an issue that the sensors became unresponsive. Sometimes after two months they decide to work for a short amount of time and then they stop working again. So annoying! The fix is not here for more than half a year, that’s very frustrating.

This is more a common Zigbee issue than a specific IKEA (app) issue, the same happens with other brands too.

how to fix that? via device firmware?

The issues are with Homey’s Zigbee implementation. You can wait and hope that Athom will eventually fix them (which may be never), or consider moving to a more stable Zigbee platform like zigbee2mqtt or Home Assistant.

Good News he he
At last the problem with IKEA Parasoll Door/window sensor is resolved :+1: …now when “Parasoll” is included in “IKEA Dirigera hub”… and Homey Pro 2023 and IKEA Dirigera are connected via Matter…the Parasoll pops up in Homey Pro 2023 … you must have firmware :
IKEA Dirigera Firmware 2.615.8
Homey Pro 2023 Firmware 12.0.2.
IKEA Parasoll Firmware 1.0.19
(Responce from Parasoll via Dirigera to Homey pro 2023 is good in my case…only downside is that battery status is not shown in Homey pro 2023…only in Dirigera)…Even the Vallhorn PIR works…and IKEA Fyrtur Blind is working the same way… this week is a better week than last week

so extra piece of equipment that we need to buy to have a proper function… nice

Welcome to Homey.

Try to use the same setup only connect Dirigera to Homey with HomeKit Controller and you will see the battery status too.

I’ve tried to use HomeKit controller, but it seems like it’s impossible without an iPhone. Or am I missing something?

My House is Appelfree :green_apple:

HomeKit Controller doesn’t require any Apple devices.

Wow really? I’ve followed some tutorials several times. It was a while ago so I don’t remember the details, but AFAIK, I couldn’t get passed the “HomeKit IP” requirement of the HomeKit controller app. Or at least I couldn’t add the Dirigera Hub to the HomeKit controller…

Any Apple-less tutorial would be greatly appreciated! :pray::pray::pray:

Hello,

If I understand correctly, to get the battery level feedback for Ikea devices, I need to purchase an Ikea hub, uninstall all my Ikea modules already installed on my Homey Pro, reinstall the devices on the Ikea hub, connect the Ikea hub to Apple Home, then install Apple Home on Homey to finally see the Ikea modules with the battery level. Is that correct?

If so, how do I manage flow from Homey afterwards? Do I need to use the Apple Home app in Homey to see the available scenarios?

If that’s the case, it seems a bit complicated just to get the battery level feedback, especially since everything else works fine. For the past three months, I’ve been writing to Homey support to implement the battery level feedback for Ikea devices, and they always tell me it’s in progress, but they don’t know when it will be available. I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to get battery level feedback when everything else works without any issues.

You don’t need the “Apple Home” part, the HomeKit Controller app should be able to directly talk to the Dirigera hub without any Apple devices in between.

It’s not difficult, Athom just has different priorities.

And how do I manage the flows afterward? Do I need to go through the HomeKit app in Homey to set up the conditions? Are the conditions the same as when using the Ikea app?

I might have a solution to simulate the battery status of the modules without buying a hub or using Matter. Is it possible to ping the Ikea motion sensors or door/window sensors? If so, it would be enough to create a flow that, at a specific time, pings the module via a script and returns its status. If no status is returned, it means the battery is dead.

In the developer tools (Homey Developer Tools), we can see that the data under “Last Seen” is constantly changing. I assume it’s continuously pinging or doing something similar. Is this possible? If so, do you know the code to include in the script?

No, that’s not how it works.

Battery-powered Zigbee devices are asleep most of the time and don’t respond to any “pings”. The “Last Seen” changes when the device sends a new status message to Homey, not because Homey asks the device for a status update.

You might be able to act on a “Last Seen” that has been too long, but that still wouldn’t mean the battery is dead, it could also mean the device has dropped out of Homey’s Zigbee network (not uncommon) or Homey’s Zigbee didn’t receive the status update (also not uncommon).

This is perfect! I could also use a script that checks the ‘Last Seen’. For example, if a device hasn’t been seen for two days, it could mean that it’s out of range of Homey or that the batteries are dead. Do you know if anyone has already created a script for this type of scenario? Or do you have any advice on how to start building this script? It would be better than nothing while waiting for Homey and IKEA to possibly fix the battery reporting issue one day.

no, the sensor will be available like simple device in Homey, u can use it for any flow: