IKEA Bulbs Last State

Hi,

I read that when usign the IKEA Tradfri bridge it’s possible to update Tradfri bulbs so they remember their last state.

Is this also possible without a Tradfri Bridge?
The whole point of having a Homey is not having to have different bridges from everything :stuck_out_tongue: But now I have allready a hue bridge, a tado bridge… :frowning:

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, it’s possible with zigbee2mqtt as well. But I guess your question is: is it possible with Homey.

If you can’t find it anywhere in the device’s settings, then it’s not supported and you have to ask the developer of the app (Athom) to implement the feature via https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/360015784034-Submitting-a-support-request

Hi is there a step by step guide to do it via zigbee2mqtt ? I’m looking but can’t really find out how to do it.

Go the the device list of z2m, select the light, then select the “Exposes” tab, and it’s there:

So for example, I should install home assistant on my windows PC as server, link it with homey, and then open the light bulbs?

Sorry bit of a noob :frowning:

It seems a bit over the top to go and install Z2M and HA just to be able to set the default power-on state of a lightbulb. Perhaps just try asking Athom if they can implement the feature first.

I asked them, they said, we add it to the list of ideas, but it’s better to contact IKEA… So this is probably not going to be usefull, tried installing home assistant, but still no luck.

Think I should save myself the headache and buy a ikea bridge for 60 euro.
:frowning:

Ah, a typical Athom Support answer: just throwing the issue over the fence :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: IKEA has nothing to do with the Homey app.

That very likely won’t work if you intend to use the lightbulbs with Homey: the new IKEA bridge isn’t supported by Homey, and light settings probably don’t survive a device reset (which is required if you want to pair the light with Homey).

I understand, but I think I will just have another bridge in my home :smiling_face_with_tear: