[APP] IKEA Trådfri - Create the right atmosphere for every mood (by Athom)

IKEA Trådfri App (by Athom)

This discussion is started to centralize all questions, answers and information around the app and the supported devices.

Links and information:

Regular version:

IKEA Trådfri App for Homey | Homey

Test version (if available):

IKEA Trådfri | Homey

Supported devices

In the App Store a list of supported devices is shown with pictures and description in the ‘Supported devices’ list. This list is generated by the actual content of the app.

Note:

This topic is not actively monitored by Athom. If you have issues with this app, please report it to Athom Support, mentioning the app version and a good description of the issue.

Feel free to ask and discuss anything around the app and the devices here!

Reserved

Reserved

Hi, I just bought a Homey Bridge and I connected the remote from Ikea just fine, I have not yet created a " Flow" . If I try to use the physical remote to control the light its not working. The only way to get it working is to pair the bulb ( Ikea tråfri) to the remote again. This result in that the remote is no longer control able by the Homey. Is there something I don’t understand, or is this they way it suposed to work? If so the Homey will go back to the store. Hope anyone can help.

Hi Erik,

welcome to the Homey Community!

There are two options to control a Zigbee bulb with a Zigbee remote:

1. You have to pair both devices with the Homey Bridge and create flows.
  2. Controlling a Zigbee device with a Zigbee remote directly

*¹ As mentioned in the support article:

Not all devices support this direct connection and the devices must be connected to Homey before trying to connect them to each other.

When I/wife by mistake turn off the power to my ikea bulbs in the driveway and turn them on again, the bulbs turn on the lights, but I haven’t found the method to track this “temporary outtage”. The card/tag “On” does not give the value “On”. Is there another method that works? I would like them to turn off automatically via a flow.

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks

Hi Kim and welcome!

In general, a Zigbee bulbs should never be cut off from the power supply. Apart from the problems you have noticed, other Zigbee devices can also be affected if they were connected via this bulb.

However, some bulbs have a feature for how they should behave after a power interruption:

This feature can be found in the advanced settings of the bulb.
But because I don’t use IKEA bulbs myself, I don’t know if IKEA bulbs support this feature in general. If its’s not available in the advanced settings, then it could also be that this feature isn’t added in the app. If this is the case, you should ask the support of Athom, the app developer.

However, in my opinion the best solution is to prevent the bulb from switching off by the connected switch.

1 Like

Hi I noticed currently the latest version of the Official IKEA Trådfri app is v2.4.1, but as can be seen in attached screenshot of the changelog v 2.6.2 is already released?

Anyone any idea why this latest versions can not be installed?

Notice the “test”:
https://homey.app/en-nl/app/com.ikea.tradfri/IKEA-Trådfri/test/

Thanks Robert I noticed the Test label, biu that seems to apply only on the newest version (2.6.2)?

Also eg v2.5.0 is not available to me.

You can only install the current stable or the current test version of an app, any previous versions aren’t available. So v2.5.0 was apparently a test version once, and has eventually been replaced by v2.6.2.

Clear, thanks for the explanation!

We have 3 Tradfri GU10 Ikea lights in the Garden. Since we returned from holiday last Friday i noticed the lights were switched on times they shouldn’t be.

I rebooted my homey pro 2023, removed the lights from the different flows and moved them to a different zone. Still the lights are turning on. Our other Ikea stuff is behaving as expected.

Anybody experiencing the same?

If they turn on every night around the same time, you can try powering down Homey completely to rule out it’s caused by a forgotten flow or something, but IKEA devices are known to interact with switches from other brands (notably Aqara), even if those switches aren’t connected to Homey (so they might even be from your neighbours).

Hey,
I am trying to implement my Ikea smart lamp, and STYRBAR remote into my new homey pro environment.
The remote comes standard with a feature where you can dim a smart light, by holding either the light up, or light down button.
As i have understood, this is a tough feature to implement in homey with flows. But i wonder if any of you have gotten it to work.

The only way it might be possible is described here: https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/360015669840-Controlling-a-Zigbee-device-with-a-Zigbee-remote-directly

2 Likes