Hue Bridges loses connection

I know, but i feel that is just not okay. The add for homey says up to 50.000 units. Mine is about 200 in total number of units in the house - not just lights - but everything.
I also know of another from a Danish facebook group with 1 hue bridge who made at ticket with Athom regaring the same problem. Athom replied that they never heard of the issue before!! I know of 2 other people who has made tickets with the same problem.
I am hoping more people will learn of this, and add pressure to Homey so it will be fixed. Or mayby just not buy one if you have more then one Hue Bridge.
Otherwise my homey is just a waste of money.

1 Like

The restarting of the APP itself does not help with reconnecting - i have tried. I have had a flow set to restart every night.

The only thing that helps it to cut the power to the Hue bridge and plugging it back in.

What the ad means is that Homey (supposedly) has support for 50.000+ different types of devices, not that you can access 50.000 devices from a single Homey.

I agree it’s not okay, but you could take the responses you got from Athom as a sign that they’re not willing to look into this issue because most users don’t have this problem.

Maybe, but still not okay.
I basically have a unit that’s not doing what it is bought for. They should say that there is a limit on the number of units, and especially when the number is so low.
I am sure many people are close to the number I have is you add doorbells, sensors, appliances, lights ect.

Hmmm, too bad. It does the trick on my setup.

Just out of curiosity, did you try a total ctrl alt dlt and factory reset? Know it’s a pain, but on a Saturday with no other obligations it may be worth a try

No, not yet. With 190 lights and 30 sensors and remotes it is a big task:-)

Now Athom has finally answered and are saying that this flaw is somthing they are seeing more of. This was their reply:
We have had an increased number of similar reports, and I would like to involve our Development Team.

So now they are looking into it.

I am having exactly the same issues since a couple of weeks. Restarting the Hue app doesn’t help. I see red triangles on the lights and says “looking for Hue bridge”. I can control my lights with the Hue app, even remotely.

This is pretty annoying as I have a lot of flows where the lights are involved (motion sensors etc)

I would suggest that you submit a ticket. The more people that have diagnostics can help them solve the problem faster👍

I did submit a ticket, I think there is an issue with devices connected to the local network. I have the same issue with my Broadlink RM2 Pro, connected to my local network. All devices connected via internet are working fine (e.g. Honeywell, Bosch Siemens Connect etc)

I just submitted a ticket too. The Hue Bridge and Homey worked like a charm for 18 months… After a power outage, they have stopped working together:
1- The Hue Bridge is still working
2- Homey and Hue have fixed IP (By DHCP).

Did you check the current IP of Hue bridge? Is it the one you expect it to be?

Hue bridge is set with a static IP.

OK, If that works Homey should be able to find it.
What happens if you add a Hue device you don’t own? A fake install so to speak.
And/or consider using Net Scan App for Homey | Homey
to monitor the Hue IP address, to check if Homey can reach the Hue IP

Interesting app. Didn’t know it existed… I configured the IP and it seems that Homey can see it…

Another thing I tried to do:
1- I have installed another Homey Pro that I had.
2- Did a restore from yesterday’s backup.

At first the Hue bridge did not work. I remove the app and reinstalled it again, tried adding a lamp and it still could not find it…

Then, all of a sudden my (New) homey pro rebooted and remained stuck for 15 minutes. I PTP then the device was RIP… I do not think it is related to the Hue bridge… it is just bad luck and pure coincidence that the device decided to break. It does not go in recovery mode anymore.

Now I am back to the (OLD) Homey Pro… with the same issues (Not able to find Hue Bridge)

I am also having this problem lately.
2 bridges, homey pro.
Weird that it now pops up

Having the same issue it just started two days ago.
Flows still seem to work but when I select the light in honey it comes back with the timeout error.
Anyone found a fix?

Same problem here too. Since roughly 2 weeks red triangles on all hue devices. :frowning:

Same here. Trying to reboot the app seems to work. But i can’t be doing that every 10minutes…

1 Like

Very curious if a solution has been found. I have the same problem. Started using Homey Pro a few weeks ago. Worked fine until the same HUE problems as described above started happening.

My setup: both HUE and Homey bridge are wired LAN. Fixed IP addresses. The status of the lamps/power outlets are correctly shown in Homey app. Devices can be triggered correctly via the HUE app without delay. The motion sensors are working and sending information to Homey app.

However, when I open the Homey app and look at HUE devices, I see a red exclamation mark with message: ‘Response timeout while trying to fetch [api] (over 5000ms). Also, when I try to trigger HUE devices through Homey bridge: I get the message ‘Missing capability listener: onoff’.

Restarting the HUE app does not solve the problem. I only have 13 HUE devices and only 1 HUE bridge. See screenshots attached.