[HowTo] Homey Pro (Early 2023) - Migrating from Homey (Pro) (Early 2016-2019)

Working all day… moving all my Zigbee devices from deconz tot Homey. I have more that 5 routers throughout the house. Pairing is ok… sometimes it will take several tries, but eventually they pair. To be honest… now I remember why I switch to deconz. The Zigbee of Homey is just as it was in the old days. I was hoping the new chip bla bla would be better in controlling the network, but as usual a proper mesh is not created. Thus now, several sensors are not reporing any value or motion sensors stay triggerd or are not triggerd at all… day lost and will wait another day before i will revert back to Deconz… (never missed a sensor value) i need to add some more but not when the network is so unstable. Yes the new Homey Pro 2023 is in middle of the living room.

1 Like

I read in the mail from Athom that the there is a bug with the ethernet. If you have set up WiFi and later plug in the ethernet it will use both. I think this will make the network confused, and thus slow.

1 Like

That’s odd, while on my white ball Homey, Ikea and Aqara also did not mix well, resulting in non-reporting sensors.

I’ve got the same issue. Not getting my flows back from homey pro 2016.
But the folders (flows) did backup.
Also the advanced Flow did return on my new homey.
The normal flows are gone.

That’s not how it works, it’s not a big problem that both interfaces are up at the same time. My guess is an issue with cabling, or with the switch/router it’s connected to, or the ethernet adapter getting stuck at 100Mbps instead of 1Gbps (which happened to me once during testing too).

Yeah, I know. Normally it should work with two or more interfaces but if the Homey sends some packets on WiFi and some on ethernet, to the same destination, they will originate from different IP addresses and might cause problems. But, as you state, should normally not be any problem.

That’s still not how it works, the Ethernet interface has a higher priority and will route all packets.

I have both Ethernet and WiFi active:

Server: KPN - Amsterdam (id: 26996)
         ISP: KPN
Idle Latency:     2.88 ms   (jitter: 0.07ms, low: 2.73ms, high: 2.97ms)
    Download:   326.77 Mbps (data used: 147.2 MB)
                  5.16 ms   (jitter: 6.24ms, low: 3.07ms, high: 208.42ms)
      Upload:   286.54 Mbps (data used: 209.1 MB)
                  7.00 ms   (jitter: 0.32ms, low: 3.85ms, high: 7.98ms)
 Packet Loss:     0.0%

Not terribly fast but I think the maximum speed for the Ethernet adapter is 380Mbps, so with overhead it’s pretty on par.

So, the Homey does what e.g. laptops normally do, that’s good.
I know there are equipment being able to use more than one interface (or at least I thought they could).

Moved my 60+ devices from HP19 + Deconz to HP23 (wifi only) + Aqara/Tuya/Generic yesterday and while I had some issues pairing a sensors, most of them got added fine (to be expected when adding many devices I guess). It has been fast and stable so far, judging by motion + light last evening and this morning. Let’s wait and see how reliable/stable it is over the next few days…

My main gripe is that adding devices in Homey is a real pain because you have to add them one by one, going through too many redundant dialogs. Fortunately this only has to be done once. :wink:

Looks like it’s using 2.4Ghz wifi4 though, not sure how to force it to use wifi5 on 5Ghz (it’s next to a wifi AP). Update: after a few reboots it’s connected on 5Ghz now (developer page).

I’ve tried different cables and switches but with the same result

Also when I plug in the cable sometimes I saw no connection (no lights on Ethernet adapter)

Now with WiFi it works fine but I want to use the Ethernet dongle

I hope you also (like me) reported this.

despite multiple reports of this issue it’s nog listed on the homey pro known issues page. (Homey Pro — Early Access Status | Homey)

Filing multiple issues with diagnostic reports results in 2.1 gig of log files on my homey and disk full. Tried to google to find help to erase them, but can’t find it. Does anyone know how to clear/remove these diagnostic reports?

Does anyone knows what I’m supposed to do now?

I was installing HP23.

Got the beta App 7.0.0
Factory reset on HP23
WiFi setup and right after activating I got this message.

FML

Tim

Contact Athom!

1 Like

1st of all I’d like to suggest to report it to the beta app team:
https://form.asana.com/?k=VrerbZhsRyCxVZUaMkthng&d=739269396989735
or support:

Yes, I did a beta report.

SOLVED! With the help of Atom. Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Nice to hear. Please share the solution here, for other users who run into this issue. :wink:

Emile contacted me after the bug report.
My homey did not passed the QA testing at the factory. I will get a new one.

2 Likes

Received Homey (Early 2023) yesterday, restored a backup from my old Homey Pro, it did the restore. Left it for about an hour, everything was working (besides Zigbee devices and Nest). However, a lot of apps were missing. Installing them manually did not succeed, it just didn’t install, no error what so ever. So i guessed, the restore was not successful (enough) and i resented the new Homey. Since then, i con’t restore a backup from my older Homey anymore. Doesn’t matter if i connect trough WIFI or Ethernet. I can elect a backup, but restore doesn’t take place and times out.

Anyone with the same issue that did find a solution?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: