How to know the firmware version of Fibaro Devices?

Hi there,

can someone briefly explain where I can see the version of Fibaro devices in Homey? The question arises as in the ‘advanced settings’ Homey is showing versions like 274 (dimmer 2) or 787 (roller shutter 3), but the Fibaro documentation speaks about versions like 5.0 or 5.1.

Put differently, my shutters do not position at all and I would like to know whether this can be related to the firmware version or not.

Kind Regards,
Aron

Only way is to connect them to a Fibaro hub. That will also be the only way to update them. Homey is not allowed to update Fibaro devices. Not Homey’s fault btw, it’s a restriction from Fibaro.

Said that the firmware version displayed by Homey is sort of an internal version?

I have read about this firmware update limitation, a bizarre argumentation from Fibaro -as if mobile devices, updated by Google, would expose IP of the phone seller…
Anyway, before I ask the seller to do the update for me (or take them back), I wanted to know whether there is an update available (or my devices are already having the latest version).

Cheers,
Aron

Well it’s just like Hue bulbs can only update with a Hue bridge and IKEA bulbs only with an IKEA bridge. Nothing bizarre about that. It’s all about the money.

It’s (also) all about having a controlled environment. If Homey would be able to upgrade firmware of Fibaro devices, and for some reason, the upgrade fails and bricks the device, whose fault is it going to be?

Hi Aron.

I’m having the same problem with my Roller Shutter 3 and Homey. Not able to set position, only 0 or 100%.

I have firmware version 5.0.

Did you update to 5.1, and did that help?

No, as mentioned above, it is not possible top upgrade without the Fibaro Hub. Security as a reason is quite odd: it should not matter, WHERE the firmware is coming from, but that it is a VALID firmware. But as said above, it is all about money

My colleague has however recently bought the Roller Shutter 3 and Homey Pro (my constallation) and he doesn’t have any problems.

You may want to request your reseller to do the upgrade for you or replace it with a Qubino. This is another way to make Fibaro pay for it. As the defect is evident and existed at the moment of shipment you should not have any issues…

Cheers,
Aron

Since Fibaro App v2.2.8 (device repair necessary)you can see the Firmware in advance Settings.

Don’t ask me why it’s shown twice?!

Thanks for your response.

I will for sure ask for new devices from the store I bought them. But I want to have it confirmed 100% that the 5.0 firmware is the problem, and that it is fixed in 5.1.

I have sent a request to Fibaro Support regarding this, but have not got any response.

I can confirm, that with firmware 5.1 you can set every position between 0 and 100%.
But the Stop Button is missing but that is not a Firmware issue.

Hm, what do you mean with ‘device repair necessary’?

I also don’t like the wording “repair” But everybody here use it?!
It means to exclude and to include the device again.

Re-pair?

What ever! re-pair or repair. It sounds wrong.
For Z-Wave devices it’s called Exclusion and Inclusion.
That’s what you can find in each manual.

Didn’t know u was gonna be mad at me about this, sorry. But we pair a device with a controller and if we have to do that again we re-pair. It’s short for exclude and include again.
Repair is fix things that are broken, has nothing to do with re-pair a device.

I’m not mad at you! :beers:

1 Like