How to interpret Developer Z-Wave Node columns?

I have asked in the German forum once. The alarm status should go off by itself after a certain time.

Waking up does nothing more then telling the controller it’s still alive. It does not alter anything to the current state it’s in.
Sounds to me you have a range problem. That can cause the strange behavior you experience. Maybe you can try to place Homey in another spot and see if that improves the behavior?

1 Like

Another hint from the German Forum: Remove battery, wait 1 minute, then put battery back.

Thx for the suggestions! Will try the battery hint.

The range problem has to be solved anyway by placing a z-wave powerplug in between for the bedroom sensor. Will do that as well.
Any suggestions? Think about ordering a Neo Coolcam smartplug. They seem to be cheapest on Ali (will check for a EU model of course).

Strange thing is though, that this bedroom sensor further away is being reset to a normal state. The CO sensor and the smoke detector in the hallway do not seem to have range problems. Homey responds instantly to testing them.
They are also closest to Homey, max 7 metres with only 1 (plywooden) door in between.

I just tested it with an Abus Smoke detector. It’s the same Hardware like Heiman.

After Push the test button the alarm state will be reset within 1 sec.

I use only the Fibaro WallPlugs for years now, they work without any problems for me. I have never had a failure, functional problems or Z-Wave problems. But these are also much more expensive.

But I guess that the NEO Coolcam WallPlugs are ok too. I would just give them a try.
Maybe I would rather order one or two WallPlugs more to improve the stability of the Z-Wave Mesh.

Unfortunately I can’t say much about the reset of the status, sorry.

Will try if I can connect my Heiman detectors to the Abus app. You never know… :wink:

I suppose 1 smartplug would be enough. I can plug it in at the same place where the hallway sensor is (which has a good connection the CO sensor is further away at the same line of sight and works fine too) and the sensor in the bedroom is in a clear line of sight at about 6 metres to where I would plug in the smartplug.

Z-Wave is sometimes a bitch… :wink:
So you have to try.

Alternatively you could try a repeater, e.g. the Aeotec Range Extender 6. But than you loose a wall socket with no other function.

According to information from the forum, the repeater should have a slightly better range.

Thx for the suggestion, @DirkG.
For the price of one such and extender, I can buy, 2 Neo Coolcam sockets.
I ordered them now. Let’s see how that is working out.
Will try to see if I can connect the Heimans to another app for better support… :wink:

This thread was really helpfull! Thanks so far, but I have a specific question for my set-up:

My z-wave network works almost flawless: I only have some trouble with the devices in my garden. Sometimes they switch on or off, and somtimes they don’t. It are the only z-wave devices I have these kind of trouble with. After looking at the developer page, it are also the only devices that have Tx errors. What could cause these errors/behaviour?

The rest of the network looks fine: not high amounts of Rx or Tx, only at the devices that you would expect, like motion sensors, have higher traffic.

If I test the nodes, I get the message the node is reachable:
But when I look at the log, I don’t always get a response:

And for one of the other ‘trouble-nodes’ I sometimes do:

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Probably it is not possible to give a general answer to this question.

The problem can be caused by many factors. Maybe the problems have something to do with the signal range and interference sources.
Exterior walls of houses are much thicker than interior walls. The used material (brick, gas concrete blocks, etc.) also plays a role. Aluminium window frames, Glas, and so on…

It could possibly help to shorten the distance between 2 actuators, one inside the house, one outside the house. Or use in general more actuators.

Thanks! Maybe it’s just that.

The strange part, but it could be because of local circumstances, that the route to Homey is: Homey - hallway - backyard. So the first step increases the distance to the backyard.

I would expect that the signal would ‘hop’ from one gardenlight to the other, until it reaches the one closest to Homey and the house (aprrox. 6 meters from Homey). But instead all the garden lights connect to the hallway on the other side of the house and then back to Homey. Maybe it’s better not to understand :slight_smile:

The route is not always logical.