How to delete a Zigbee device that is not in the list… (Aqara Motion sensor)

I have connected three Aqara Zigbee Motion sensors successfully.
With the forth one it didn’t appear in the device list. Trying again results in the message “This device is already added. It may be necessary to remove this device first and try to connect it again.”.
But this device is not in the overall device list and not listed as a device in the Aqara App. The other three devices are in these list as expected.

I found access to the developers tool. In Tools>Zigbee I don’t see the device in the list. The other three are visible though.
Finally in Tools> Devices I searched for this type of device and found all four.
But just the one with the issue I can’t remove. The others I can remove from this list.
How can I remove the malfunctioning device to reconnect again.

Thank you for your help

Met vriendelijke groet, Rob Teirlinck

Have you tried a PTP?

Yep.

• PTP
  • Reboot Aqara App
  • Reboot Homey
  • Reinstalled Aqara App
    After removing the Aqara App
  • all the Aqara devices disappeared from the Developers/Tool/Zigbee list.
  • But are still visible in the overall Homey Device list.
    After reinstalling the Aqara App
  • the devices are visible in the App overview instantly
  • Still in the overall Homey Device list.
  • And not in the Developers/Tool/Zigbee list.

Now trying to add an Aqara device I get a button to install and then the text “Follow the instructions”. But no instruction are shown.
Executing the instruction I know by hart doesn’t work out. Nothing happens.
After a munitie Homey comes back in the Aqara devices overview.

Apparently removing the Aqara App doesn’t clean up properly.

What to do?

Where should I go for proper support?

Met vriendelijke groet, Rob Teirlinck

Is there still support on the Aqara App. Ted Tolboom doesn’t respond on issues addressed to him !?

I must be missing something; let me check:

• Still married to my wife and loving father of 3 boys: :heavy_check_mark:

• Receiving my monthly payment of my full time job still from the company I thought I was working for: :heavy_check_mark:

• Back in pretty healthy condition: :heavy_check_mark:

• Still having my parents who sometimes also need additional support: :heavy_check_mark:

• The new Homey App Store still offers the Aqara app for free: :heavy_check_mark:

• The other community members that are actively contributing in the support of the Aqara app are still active: :heavy_check_mark:

• Sending DM’s on the forum is still not listed as communication option: :heavy_check_mark:

• No Service Level Agreement mentioned, that could trigger wrong expectations: :heavy_check_mark:

Conclusion: I am still there, but I also need to balance my free time and your style of communication doesn’t invite me to spent my free time on it.

3 Likes