Can't delete Aqara temperature sensor (Zigbee)

Hi,

I started by adding a lot of battery Zigbee devices which was what I had in the beginning.

Later, I added some wired devices, but It doesn’t seem possible to “move” these first in line.

So now I am trying to remove the battery ZIgbee devices and re-add them at the end.

But the first device I removed from the app will not disappear from the Zigbee network.
I have restarted Homey and restarted the app, but It’s still first in line of the Zigbee network.

Did you try removing the device in the Homey Developer webapplication? That must be usefull!

Not sure what you mean,
Did I miss an option you know?
I am only aware of [Remove Any Node] and [Remove Unknown Node] under the Z-Wave options.
Nothing that know under Zigbee as asked in this topic.

Sorry I was wrong. This feature is only for Z-wave.

I found this solution for a long time ago on this forum. So not my own solution.

I hope this is the solution anyone is looking for, but I recently ran into a similar problem with one of my Osram Smart+ plugs (these things are real pieces of work sometimes) anyways, one of them broke and couldn’t be connected to any Zigbee network anymore, and also couldn’t be removed from homey (even though I left the app sitting for ages). So I did some tinkering and came up for a solution for my problem (and maybe others, who find this post)

• First of all, disable (not uninstall) the App associated with the device temporarily (this shouldn’t mess anything up, just don’t touch anything while the app is disabled)
  • After that, the device should show up as faulty/broken/unable to connect.
  • Remove the device (this should work instantly now, no loading or unregistering shenanigans)
  • Now the device is no longer visible inside the app, but if you look inside the developer overview (under zigbee) it is still listed as enabled, but unreachable.
  • To fix this, simply Re-Enable the App and reboot your homey (I rebooted through the button inside the app)
  • After that, reload the developer page, and the device should be gone, and all Zigbee networking should rebuild within a few seconds and continue to work as if nothing ever happened.

Hope this is helpful at least to some who end up here when encountering Zigbee routing problems

2 Likes