How to control lights with Aeotec Trisensor app

Wonder if anyone can help with controlling lights with the Aeotec app. I need to turn on lights in a room when motion is detected and the room is dark. I am using an Aeotec Trisensor for the purpose.

I have created this flow:

WHEN luminance becomes less than a variable set in Logic
AND the motion alarm is on
THEN starts a flow that turns the lights on

This is not working and I am starting to have the feeling that I can’t do what I want by using this sensor by itself. As a matter of fact, it would make more sense if the flow was this way:

WHEN the motion alarm turned on
AND the luminance is less than a variable set in Logic
THEN starts a flow that turns the lights on

However, the app doesn’t let me do it as there is no option to check for luminance in the AND section.

Any idea?

The second flow is the right one. The trigger must be “Motion is detected / Motion alarm turned on”.
For luminance values you need to use the Homey build in logic cards in the And… section.

And…
– Logic → is less than → tap the tag → tap the local tag “Brightness” → fill a value in → checkmark

Please have a look at this tutorial:

Thank you for the reply but I can’t use the second flow because the app doesn’t have the option to check for luminance in the AND section, as I said in my post. Unfortunately the app has only one option in the AND section, that is “motion alarm is on”.

I already use a logic card for the luminance value.

So what’s the problem?

The problem is that the first flow I listed doesn’t turn the light on. In fact, this doesn’t make any sense, the flow should be triggered by motion and not luminance. As I can only add another motion check in the AND section, this makes the app useless if I need to automate something based on two conditions.

But you just wrote you already use a logic card for the luminance value, so I fail to see the issue.

2 Likes

Ok, I see now what you mean. Luminance becomes a variable in the system when adding the app. I wasn’t aware of it. What I meant is that I use a logic card for the luminance sensor check.

This solves the matter. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

This does not depend on the app but on the capabilities of the device (Aeotec Tri-Sensor). As the Aeotec Tri-Sensor can measure luminance, the " luminance " capability is also available for the logic cards.