[HOW TO] CLI install method

Even though you have errors (Athom clearly never tests on Windows…), the app got installed anyway.

:slight_smile:
Not really; it seemed that the fact that I had a space in my windows username was a problem.
After removing the space in the username, the error was gone and the app was installed correctly.
It wasn’t the first time.

Had the same issue, space in username, thanks!

Hallo, het was me gelukt echter zag ik dat mijn waardes niet veranderde, welke versie moet ik hebben?
Ik had de master, en die werkte bij mij, maar die heeft de update flow kaart niet, de develop versie lukt mij niet ik krijg allemaal missing npm files

Command failed: node C:\Users\jefpe\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\homey\node_modules\npm\lib\npm.js ls --parseable --all --only=prod
npm WARN read-shrinkwrap This version of npm is compatible with lockfileVersion@1, but package-lock.json was generated for lockfileVersion@2. I’ll try to do my best with it!
npm ERR! missing: raven@0.12.3, required by homey-log@1.0.5
npm ERR! missing: uuid@3.0.0, required by raven@0.12.3
npm ERR! missing: uuid@3.2.1, required by homey-wifidriver@1.0.8
npm ERR! missing: underscore@1.13.1, required by homey-wifidriver@1.0.8
npm ERR! missing: uuid@3.3.2, required by request@2.88.0
npm ERR! missing: sshpk@1.16.1, required by http-signature@1.2.0
npm ERR! missing: lodash@4.17.21, required by request-promise-core@1.1.1

Hoop dat iemand mij kan helpen.

Node js V12.16.1 of was dat de vraag niet?

Be aware this is an English thread. However, there’s a Dutch post here that explains how to solve this issue.

1 Like

Thanks everything works

1 Like

I also got the same errors about missing modules when I try to CLI install a SDK 2.0 app via the SDK 3.0 CLI with ‘homey app run’ and kills the app within seconds.

Did you find a sollution to resolve this issue?

(If I install the app from the app store the app installs without errors, but doesn’t work correctly which is the reason I want to modify some files)

Maybe this can help you out

@VanGilles
Hi,
It s far away now so i am not sure.
Or i changed the computer OR the right command was no longer ‘homey app run’ but something very short like homey run or homey app install…
Sorry i cant help more, let us know if you found your way…

I have installed Homey CLI tools: npm install -g homey
Then trying to log in to Homey from command prompt: ‘homey login’ , webbrowser is not opening. there is just a lot of rubbish spinning in the command window.

Does anyone know what is wrong?
Thanks in advance

Start cmd as Admin?
Allow Homey’s IP through the firewall?
A username with whitespaces in it?
Or this:

Just some things I found reading this topic

Yes, running cmd as admin. I have also reinstalled Node.js and CLI tools, no difference.
The problem is that the browser does not open so I can log in.

I’m following this guide.

Try this

Keep in mind characters are case sensitive

No, it did not work, got this error message: Error: yargs parser supports a minimum Node.js version of 12.

Anybody knows how to solve it? I tried to install colors version 1.4.2, that was the previous one, but It still give me that error.
TIA

Athom has updated the version on their repository but haven’t published it to NPM yet. You can install it directly from the repository for now:

npm i athombv/node-homey -g
1 Like

many thanks, it worked!

1 Like