[Homeyduino] E-paper for Homey

Remove and reconnect the power to the e-paper, that did also not help I suppose?

I tried, but unfortunately not…

Push left most little button on top of screen, does it restart the device? (Works when e-paper code is installed). Try flashing again and hope reset/reboot works this time?
This is the screen you should see: Homey_e-paper/firstStart.jpg at main · sebyldino/Homey_e-paper · GitHub

I have not seen that screen. Pressing the left button has no effect.

A green and blue LED lights up continuously at the back. Is that nomal?

In the Arduino IDE you are seeing all these tabs also?

Yes, i have that also

When i go to file>sketchbook>homey_e-paper i see those tabs, except debug_custom.json

What do you see when you look at the serial monitor in the Arduino IDE (with the e-paper connected and powered on…), please share a screenshot with us.

This is what i see.

I have also again verified and now there are errors:

Also noticed for the homey app, use a short name like Paper on arduino and same for ip address. Else you have a big chance that the json response does not fit in 1 udp packet

1 Like

I had the same you must install them on the sketchbook location.
They now standing in the wrong Map.

when compiling it seems to be missing imagesandfonts.h anybody have this before?

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board:“ESP32 Dev Module, FTDI Adapter, Enabled, Huge APP (3MB No OTA/1MB SPIFFS), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, Core 1, Core 1, None, Disabled”

Homey_e-paper-1.2.2:21:10: fatal error: imagesAndFonts.h: No such file or directory

Meerdere bibliotheken gevonden voor “WiFi.h”

#include “imagesAndFonts.h”

Gebruikt: C:\Users\vadim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\2.0.6\libraries\WiFi

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niet gebruikt: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

imagesAndFonts.h: No such file or directory

I only have issues with multiple errors. Stopped to install it before I through everything out of my window.

Tonight I will try again.

i also have multiple issues… I fixed the above by moving the imagesandfonts.h nog i have;

" Error compiling for board ESP32 Dev Module"

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board:“ESP32 Dev Module, FTDI Adapter, Enabled, Huge APP (3MB No OTA/1MB SPIFFS), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, Core 1, Core 1, None, Disabled”

Meerdere bibliotheken gevonden voor “WiFi.h”

Gebruikt: C:\Users\vadim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\2.0.6\libraries\WiFi

Niet gebruikt: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi

In file included from C:\Users\vadim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\Homey_e-paper-main\Homey_e-paper-1.2.2\Homey_e-paper-1.2.2.ino:21:

Meerdere bibliotheken gevonden voor “epd_driver.h”

C:\Users\vadim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\2.0.6\libraries\WiFi\src/imagesAndFonts.h:6:10: fatal error: image/deviceIcons/door.h: No such file or directory

Gebruikt: C:\Users\vadim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\2.0.6\libraries\LilyGo-EPD47-master

#include “image/deviceIcons/door.h”

Niet gebruikt: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LilyGo-EPD47-master

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Fout bij het compileren voor board ESP32 Dev Module

i did a clean new instal of arduino and librarys on an other computer, getting this now;

In file included from C:\Users\Vadim\Documents\Homey_e-paper\Homey_e-paper.ino:23:
C:\Users\Vadim\Documents\Homey_e-paper\zoneSettings.h:97:8: error: conflicting declaration ‘Rect_t customWeatherIcon’
Rect_t customWeatherIcon = {
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from C:\Users\Vadim\Documents\Homey_e-paper\Homey_e-paper.ino:22:
C:\Users\Vadim\Documents\Homey_e-paper\settings.h:10:6: note: previous declaration as ‘bool customWeatherIcon’
bool customWeatherIcon;
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\Vadim\Documents\Homey_e-paper\HomeyFunction.ino: In function ‘void actionCustomWeatherIcon()’:
C:\Users\Vadim\Documents\Homey_e-paper\HomeyFunction.ino:105:22: error: could not convert ‘customWeatherIcon’ from ‘bool’ to ‘Rect_t’
epd_draw_image(customWeatherIcon, (uint8_t *)deviceIconList80[deviceIcon], BLACK_ON_WHITE);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

exit status 1

Compilation error: conflicting declaration ‘Rect_t customWeatherIcon’

Did you put “Erase All Content Before Sketch Upload” to “Enable” to have a clean new installation?

i am only in the beginning of Step 6; Compiling of the manual;

i am not uploading yet :wink:

did you clone from master or use the 1.22 tag. I went back to 1.22 tag commit on arduino 2.x latest greatest does not compile on v2

And thanks to @Edwin_Biemond there are two Homeyduino SDK 3 versions with the version number v2.0.0. #confusing