[Homeyduino] E-paper for Homey

No hurry, take your time.
Yes I use IDE 2.x , just removing the last line of this routine solves the warning.

As a Noob with Github. How do i read your comment. Is github a public place to share each other programming skills, or are there limitations to that. Just curious and not ment as an offence to your comment.

1 Like

Hi @Marcel_Ubels, yes you are free to download, install and use it just do not expect support or a bug free app. I just made sure that I can keep my e-paper working once I receive my Homey Pro 2023 which does only run SDK v3 apps.

1 Like

Hey,

got this error on my mac and Arduino 2.0.3 plus Homey_e-paper 1.2.3

Does someone knows what it can be, already lowered my speed but I think does not matter and it is fixed value with usb.

Sketch uses 2503881 bytes (79%) of program storage space. Maximum is 3145728 bytes.
Global variables use 47880 bytes (14%) of dynamic memory, leaving 279800 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.
esptool.py v4.2.1
Serial port /dev/cu.usbmodem54350322661
Connecting...........
Chip is ESP32-D0WD-V3 (revision 3)
Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None
Crystal is 40MHz
MAC: e8:31:cd:39:3e:94
Uploading stub...

A fatal error occurred: Failed to write to target RAM (result was 01070000: Operation timed out)
Failed uploading: uploading error: exit status 2Version: 2.0.3
Date: 2022-12-05T09:29:06.685Z
CLI Version: 0.29.0 [76251df9]

Copyright © 2023 Arduino SA

I downgraded just an hour ago to e-paper v 1.1.2, problem solved.

[edit]: mine was a different issue… it kept crashing after a couple of hours an would not recover even after reupload v1.1.3.

let me try windows

I've contacted LilyGo and it seems the FTDI chip they are using is not compatible with Mac OS Big Sur UART Driver. My solution right now is yo use windows under Virtual box and flat from Windows.

Nice work! That was the last app I needed on SDK3!
Can you not put it in the app store or send a message to Athom ?
Was it a big change to get it on SDK3?

1 Like

I could create a pull request but Athom is likely not interested, there is a lot more work for them to do then just the basic SDK v2 to v3 conversion I did.

I had a week (+/-16hrs) of fun with figuring out how the app works and the conversion itself.

Fixed, I’m sorry I did not understand your intentions.

No problem Robin. If you need it you know where to download it now :wink:

1 Like

I had the same issue several years ago while I wanted to make a CNC machine. Bought the Ender 3 Pro for around € 200,-. Really worth it!

If you have him, you will use it more often than you think!

1 Like

Really cool thing and a new project for me! Do you have a shopping list and a connection diagram (or pictures). This would help a lot of users (i guess).

What about the battery time…? Want to use it as a display for my sauna. Otherwise I will take a 230v solution with allready works on several ESP’s.

Thanks!

I just made this project with no programming knowledge, just following the guide, and I got to the end (with the help of sebyldino on one or two points, again many thanks to him).

A first advice: use a Windows PC and not a Mac, there are problems to send the code on the screen at the end. I had to start all over again on Windows (after trying on a Mac…).

There is no need for a shopping list: just buy the screen on Aliexpress or a local retailer, and that’s it. It can be powered with a simple USB-C cable and a smartphone charger or a PowerBank. Regarding battery power, there are 2 models of the screen: the one with 18650 battery, and the one with a JST 2.0 plug on which you can plug a LiPo 1S (3.7 V). It’s up to you to choose what you want when you buy it, but for the thickness, it’s better to take the one with the JST 2.0 plug.

After that, there is still 3D printing of the case, but this is a completely different field that is not necessarily mandatory, even if it is obviously nicer. If you know how to carve wood, that would be fine too :wink:

1 Like

Hello, i tried to add another action but i cant! When i add it, the code stuck, also if i call an empty function.

I asked on Github but all issues havent get any answers…

I think it’s limited to 33 actions because when i remove one to add this one, i can see it and the code works.

Really stupid from myself. Just didn’t read it correctly. Thanks

v1.2.3 was in test. I deleted it. Use v1.2.2

1.2.3 works for me , switched to windows.

any idea what are the plans for the future ? probably will use your master branch and merge your changes every time based on the release tag. is it not handy to remove the version from the ino file.

thanks Edwin

Did someone found a supplier of the screen inside Europe that is not 60€?

Thinking about to order it from Aliexpress but then i have to pay taxes.

5 Likes