[Homeyduino] E-paper for Homey

Remove the Action “Custom_Weather_Icon”. This overwrites the Weather icon set by device itself based on Action Wheater_Text. Or add “disable” as value to that card

if i remove this action i only get the Homey logo.
maybe this is the isue?

Make sure you disable the custom weather icon by using that card with value “disable” once in a single call to the display.

here is no action card to trigger deep_sleep yourself. Follow the example in chapter 4 of the user guide . That way all 21 mandatory (for 6 fields screen layout) are updated and that triggers the screen to go to deep_sleep :slight_smile: :zzz:
If you got error message “Flow error” (user guide page 6), the updating of fields is out of sync for e-paper to determine if it can go to sleep. Press left most button on top of screen to restart screen and from that moment your flow will be triggerd (bij paperscreenonline), send the 21 fields and the screen will go to deep_sleep

this is not working… I do not see the Zzzz symbol the battery is draining very fast. :slight_smile:

like this?

not changing :frowning:
afbeelding

You could try this command:

python esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/cu.usbserial* --baud 115200 --before default_reset --after hard_reset erase_flash

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esptool/en/latest/esp32s3/esptool/basic-commands.html#erase-flash-erase-flash-erase-region

Thx. The display is working again

Yes, but once you’ve run the “custom weather icon” disable action, you can remove it. From that time on the code is using the build in weather icons based on the “weather text”

Well, that is because the text “overcast clouds” is not recognised by the code at this moment (Check function.ino at line 215), so standard icon is shown.

I see you are Dutch, check this Nederlandse vertaling voor weericonen van Homeyduino e-paper screen

Yes, but it can work in the way I tried to describe. It works for me:

It took me a few hours to understand the way it works and get it working, so keep on trying and debugging. Just realise this is a project in “beta” stage with high “tweak” and “discover” rating….

3 Likes

Als how do you get dutch? :slight_smile: is this a basic language in the code?

It’s being added, currently not in the releases…

2 Likes

Does anybody having have this problem:

• I got the screen on deep sleep. Every 6 min. it reboots and gets the new values. But this only works when it is connected to the usb with power. When I run on battery the screen doesn’t reboot/refresh.
  • The batterij (18650) is fully charged and gives 3,6V. Which should be enough.

Thanks for the work! :wink:
currently only having problems with the deep sleep not functioning like i set it. (not active zzz on the screen) asking for 480sec (8min) it refreshes every 4 min now. and drains 2 * 1800mah lipo’s in 1 day.
And the weather symbols not working (stays on the homey logo).

But overal nice work!

@Yov share a full screenshot of your flow.

I dont ear it. :thinking:

I you dont use all the mandatory cards it will not work.
EDIT: except if your are not use deep sleep;

Check polarity. Try with the JST pin

I take out the logo’s from updating.

its this Chip that is making the sound! if you are updating the screen it pulses. pretty anoying not sure if this one gets hot otherwise i wil drip some hot glue on it …

As tell you @Torch1969, delete your “Custom_Weather_Icon” card.

You need to call this card just one time when/if you want to change the wether icon to a custom icon.
The value of this card is saved in flash memory and recovered at each restart.

Same for “Battery_Icon” card.

And if Deep sleep is enbale, you need to call all mandatory cards, here you call only values cards. This works if Deep Sleep is disable but if is enable you will get an error.

If the chip is so hot, you can use a cooler like this (if you have one)

yes tryed that stil no succes :frowning:

So al the Action cards ?
afbeelding

no i dont know if its getting to hot :wink: its the chip that is makeing the noice, If its not getting hot il dip it in hot gue to isolate the sound a bit!

@Yov just to add to this above

After ‘paperscreenonline’ trigger all 21 mandatory cards so:

6x zone name
6x zone icon
6x zone value
2x weather (text + temperature)
1x last update

The screen counts this 21 and goes to deep sleep as soon as these 21 are received.

YES :star_struck:

1 Like

Did you try with a weather text that is recognized by the code like I described already above:

Try with one of these to see if this works:

//ENGLISH
  if (weather == "Clear") weatherIcon = 1;          //clear
  if (weather == "Clear night") weatherIcon = 2;    //clear night
  if (weather == "Cloudy") weatherIcon = 3;         //cloudy
  if (weather == "Haze") weatherIcon = 4;           //fog
  if (weather == "Fog") weatherIcon = 4;            //fog
  if (weather == "Hail") weatherIcon = 5;           //hail
  if (weather == "Partly Cloudy") weatherIcon = 6;  //partly cloudy

@sebyldino is working on adding dutch translations, so I suggest to wait on that update and then use “KNMI Weather” app voor weather text descriptions.

wel… that dit it! XD

How do i change this? or do you mean i need to add this as basic text?
afbeelding