Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

this is the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.ozerov.fully

As @KvM is saying you can test all functions before buying. There are a lot of settngs, all speak for themselves or have explanation next to it.

Motion sensitivity can be adjusted. I’ve placed the tablet on a stand in a corner of the kitchen counter top. It only turns on when I reach out to touch it. So when my hand is about 10-15cm away the screen will light up.

Only issue I experience is that with sensitivity set to low, the screen won’t respond when there is little light. Like in the evening and the main kitchen lights off, it won’t start. Then I just push the on-button on the tablet.

I use an iPad you can lock / unlock it with an ESP32 emulating a blutooth keyboard. (controlled by homey using HomeyDuino). So you can unlock it if Homey detects movement from a motion detector or something.

Thanks!

I got it working on an Asus zenpad with fully kiosk.

But after a few days realized that homey dash was better on my desktop for a better overview and set kiosk to look at my netatmo weather overview instead as the family more often wanted a better overview of the weather and forecast. Ordered some magnets and will place it on the fridge.

hello dashboard users,

I’m new in the world of homey and also dashboard ofcourse.
i have tried a couple of times te get homey dash on mine very very old iPad. this doesn’t work out. I can’t get chrome on my iPad, App Store says its not compatibel with this iPad :cry:

i have tried to send the link I made on mij Mac, but that doesn’t work either.

does anyone here know how I get this working?

different options are also welcome, I see many different tablets, e-readers or google hub passing by and I don’t know what’s best for me. Perhaps someone here can tell me what the best solution is for my situation?

this is the place I want it to hang, its in the kitchen by the door to the hall.!

You are using an ipad 2?, that works on https://homeydash.com but i think the cornellise version is not made compatible with the old ios 9 ipads, like the normal homeydash version.

yes I have a iPad 2, I have tried homeydash, but It shows the samen problems.

That’s not a iPad2 problem, that’s a wrong url problem.
U did follow the instructions from the first post aye?
Can u show us the complete url u are using. Plz mark the passwords or ID’s and token with xx’s
U can also PM me if u like.

it work on my iPad now. Thanks to Roco

4 Likes

I am using a Nest Hub for the Dashboard website. Unfortunately the screensaver overlays the website after some minutes.
I did some searching here, but still have no clue how to prevent this from happening and keep the Dashboard alive.

Read farther then joer nose lang is :wink:

1 Like

Thx!!!

hello, i have installed homey dash local on the homey and i use two nest hubs with cast and motion detectors for display. actually everything works quite well and belongs. but every few days it means that one of the hubs forgets its settings. For example. the arrangement or change of symbols. or also that I have currently set temperature displays at … has an idea how I can do that?

1 Like

I am trying to install the app, but I get this message:
An unkown error has occured [incompatible_app_version]

Any ideas?

The app is outdated. Please check on the first post in this thread. It should actually provide the details you are looking for. @Bogdan_Iordanescu

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate.

1 Like

Guh. Sorry. I didn’t even realize I answered in German >.<

Hi! I am missing the visual notification feature!
We should be able to send a visual notification to the dashboard, to display it, in big, during few seconds.

From any flow in Homey, we should notify the tablet to display useful informations.

Any chance to get it ? Thanks!
I tried my chance with the original ink version: Homey.ink, an e-ink Homey dashboard

The current version of the Chromecast app on Homey does not find any Chromecast / Google Nest Hub at all… anyone else having this issue? This prevents me to cast anything to the Google Nest Hub.

Are they on the same network ( ip brodcast domain)
Is the WiFi network protected and are clients allowed to talk to each other?

Thanks M_a_r_c_o, yes that was the problem, I had my Homey still connected to another SSID on the same network. Now I managed to install the Chromecast and the Google Nest Hub and casted the URL to my Google Nest Hub.

One note, is it normal that if you have buttons (like a camera / doorlock / airco) that those won’t work as the Homey app? Normally you hold the button a bit longer for access to camera view / locking door / changing temperature. This is not possible with Homeydash.com? (or have I missed something ;-))