Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

I don’t think any big advantages. I just like to keep it native as much as possible and that way you won’t have to use an extra timer

I made a simular flow like you with a timer to start the casting every 9 minutes again.
But now i am testing a flow with a motion sensor that is in the room near the Google Hub, so when i am near the hub the casting of Homeydash starts.
Then the flow disables itself for 9 minutes so the casting doesn’t restart again when motion is detected again within that 9 minutes.
Also made the flow that uses my frontdoor sensor, so when i come home the Homeydash is already casting when i enter the livingroom.

Anyone a suggestion how to keep the iPad theme?
I don’t see all the tiles now so the Dashboard is useless.

Give the theme in the URL?

I did. Does not help. :frowning:

Must say the pic doesn’t show an iPad. U want iPad theme on a Hub?

It always worked.
I used the zoom slide to adjust it to the screen.
What theme should I use then?

And is it something to try ipad without uppercase letters?
So that will be “theme=ipad” instead of “theme=IPad”

Yess. This did the trick. So happy, thank you very much. Also the screen is adjusted as I had I’d before.

1 Like

I like the camera feature mentioned here Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard
Any chance that can be added to the hosted version?

Thx Guys for your effort to make this working!!! It is great to have this turned on on the Google Hub! It is getting more exciting day by day :slight_smile:

does dashboard work offline also?

Yes, you can install the App “Micro Web Server” and install Homey dash on your Homey itself.
I cast Homey dash to a Google Hub.
Runs on my Homey for many weeks now and very stable.

3 Likes

Love the setup and possibility to have this on a dedicated screen like a tablet.
Let’s say that you set it up with Kiosk browser for example - how do you guys work with the screen burning when not necessary?

Would it be possible to hook it up to a flow and triggered by motion ? So that the tablet could rest the screen (and save some power) but once a person is in the area of the tablet it would light up?

I use Fully Kiosk Browser on Android tablet. In the paid version (lifetime license €6,90 one-time payment) you can setup motion detection using the selfie camera. So when you move towards the tablet the screen turns on, and after a preset time it turns off. The kiosk browser can run ‘on-top’ even when device is locked, so when you try to escape the browser screen you first have to enter password or code. Even when restarting device, resets etc. You can also limit the URL to just the ones needed, like only Homeydash or your Micro Web Server for example.

1 Like

I use the auto brilliance from the operating system and I use the on/off feature from android OS. At 23:00 the tablet switches itself off and at 07:30 it switches itself on. During the night is the tablet off. and during the day the screen is always on, but brilliance vary.

My main problem is that the power is always on for the tablet and that the tablet has now a battery which is blown (not broken or bursted), it is now thicker and the back of the tablet is now open.
Need to replace battery.

@Joost_van_Kempen - thanks for you comments and indeed sounds promising then =)

@M_a_r_c_o - that is a worry I have too, thinking on having the charger for the tablet to be a smartplug - and set that to a scheme to charge the tablet when needed.

I also use Fully Kiosk Browser, but with my tablet the motion is to sensitive, we walk often in front of the tablet.
The option with a separate motion sensor is possible using the Homey Dash dimmer device, but then Homeydash is going on black, but brilliance is still on original value.
Or connecting the motion sensor to a Tasker app trigger.

Just using Androids auto brilliance is good enough for us.

Where can I find some documentation about it? Or an how to?

Fully can also disable the screen on charger disconnect and turn it on again when charger is plugged in (or was this an android feature?). I use this to turn off the tablet when nobody is at home. Then the screen is off and it runs on battery, as I get home it turns on and gets charged again. During night I turn off the screen manually to allow the battery to charge to a 100% because the battery of my old samsung is not so good anymore.

And BTW, you can try all paid features in fully first, a watermark is placed in the screen. If it works well for you, pay the few euro’s and the watermark disappears.