Homey pro update to 10.0.0-rc118

My Homey Pro 2023 also failed to update last night and had a red ring. I did a quick reboot and tried to manually update it and it fails to update after 3 attempts. Next steps is to try PTP for 10 minutes.

PTP is at least 10 minutes. So not put the plug back earlier because it takes to long.
Just for sure

https://community.homey.app/t/how-to-ptp/17304

1 Like

After the PTP 10 minutes, my Homey Pro 2023 has successfully updated. With regards any other issues, time will tell.

This morning the 118 was update.
No problems found.
Only some sun related flows didn’t start.

Had the same problem here, but ptp works for me.

Sorry.

I have mist an earlier report about the “sun up over …" when card.

1 Like

I experienced problems with Sunrise, it didn’t work and flows with this trigger didn’t run. Further more Google mini’s were not addressed in a right way. Text for my mini in the sleeping room was routed to the one in my living room.

This is the ‘damage’ so far… so when I read all the above, I might be lucky…

Nevertheless, what is going on?

Fixed in most recent fw - RC121 - experimental - Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey

1 Like

But how to get an experimental Firmware.

It’s already rc.122 :wink:

----------- edit ----------
Found the way by your link under:
Support → need help → Homey → other → Enabling experimental updates

After using it for now I disable it when Homey was running again.

Sunrise when cart is OK now.
By moving one on the canvas I could save it.

Same thing happened to me, I changed the sunrise card with sun events app and everything working as usual.

Homey support asked me to do a Homey Pro USB Tool update. this worked for me. thanks to everyone who has helped.

more about the Homey Pro USB Tool: https://ota-usb.homeypro.net/

When do we get a “final” version. I keep resetting certain devices after each newer update. (Ikea Trafyt) which is now fun due to the impossibility to reach these terrible small buttons.

Before Christmas.

1 Like

Year ? :wink:

You mean Tradfri ? Anyway, having few IKEA devices and I have never to reset them - have you contacted Athom?

Any :wink:

1 Like

Buy Homey when it’s ‘finished’. I’m sure you knew you bought a beta product and you now are beta tester?

Anyways, re-pairing / resetting devices after each update shouldn’t be necessary, please report to Athom (they’re also Ikea app creator :no_mouth:)…

And no one is forcing you to install each and every update btw. Just disable the auto-update function.

When do we get a “final” version

This is a valid point since the Homey Pro 2023 now is available in (some)regular shops.

Shouldn’t be too long now.

EDIT: Seems release date is set to 31:st July, according to local shop.

Better ask Athom directly imho :wink: