Homey Pro (Early 2023) ethernet not connected

Hello, encountered same issues with the original USB-C cable. I know ETH was connected when I first setup my HP23. Then noted was only on Wi-Fi based on the HP23>General>System Information dialog. Had correct steady green and flashing amber light on the ETH adapter. Reconnected all connections a few times, restarted HP23 without getting a successful ETH connection. Based on this community thread, swapped out the cable and ETH connected. I have not gone back to testing my original cable yet. Any suggestions for a good alternate back-up cable? Didn’t just want to buy a random cable off amazon and not have it work. Thank you

From what I read between the lines, you probably have connected the ethernet dongle the wrong way.
Short usb cable → psu
Long usb cable → Homey.

Did you get a connection diagram along with the ethernet dongle?

Also tried a million things to get the ethernet dongle to work. Finally tested with another USB-C cable and it started working immediately.
Very frustrating with such low quality cabels.

+1, it was the original usb-cable.

Damn, but happy now.

Hello @Peter_Kawa once in set-up mode how do we change from wifi settings to ethernet?

Homey’s support article simply says we:

“…can update the Wi-Fi settings easily. Place Homey Pro in Setup Mode and link it to a new Wi-Fi network.”

It’s in Set-up Mode (breathing blue circle). First neither the app (Android) or web browser could see it. After 2 reboots the app sees it, allows me to select it, but says it’s offline.

Changing the supplied USB-C cable to another made no difference except where it used to say “Local Secure” next to Connection (in app More> Settings > General settings), it now says “Cloud”

It is correctly connected according to the diagram, the light on the adaptor is green, my router shows the GBe connection (but no IP address).

You don’t, if everything is connected properly Homey will automatically prefer an Ethernet connection.

Everything is connected as shown in the diagram. I guess I need to open another support case…:roll_eyes:

Looking at the changelogs there is reference to :

> Fixed an issue where a previously connected Wi-Fi network would not disconnect when choosing ‘Only use Ethernet’ in the mobile app. Note that a mobile app update is required before this is resolved. in v10.0.0-rc.71.

I couldn’t find somewhere in the mobile app to do it

It’s below “Setup” so perhaps it’s only available during setup. If you want a definitive answer, you should ask Athom though.