Homey Pro (Early 2023) ethernet not connected

I can’t remember having to turn on anything specific for it to work.

Hmmmmm… that’s an other link…
The link I posted says to use the app :hugs:

Remember, you don’t need to factory reset to edit the wifi settings (in Setup mode)

After my request to Athom support and I have tried several options but none of them worked. They send me a new adapter and after a reset (pinhole on the back) and reinstalling Homey it worked. Today support give me an answer about the adapter that they find also issues with it. It was the first adapter they had received back that was broken they told me.

The support guy was really helpful and they try there best to help me and ater all it works now!

2 Likes

I have the same issue, ethernet is not working. Tried setup mode and am sure it’s connected properly. About section show wifi connected but not ethernet.

Try some other good quality USB cables?
It looks like Homey doesn’t detect the ethernet dongle → some users received a faulty USB cable with their Homey.
(That dongle can be DOA as well, I saw a few posts about that)

Just swapped the usb-c cable that came with the adapter, and now it’s online on both wifi and ethernet. Thanks

Should I enter setup mode and disable wifi? Would have though it got disabled if it had ethernet connected.

YW! I think you can request a replacement cable @ support
Or do you mean by swapping you plugged the long and short cable the other way round at first?

It doesn’t disable the wifi radio automatically when ethernet is connected.
True, to disable wifi you’d enter setup mode again.

From what I can recall Emile once wrote it can come in handy as ‘backup’ connection, should something happen to the ethernet connection.
So it can’t hurt to leave it enabled, but I guess you want the ethernet connection to be the main connection.
Not sure if that’s settable via system settings or the like (I don’t own a Pro 2023) :face_with_peeking_eye:

By swapping I mean the long cable to a new. No need to go through the hassle for a replacement cable, just happy it works without having to replace the adapter.

1 Like

Same with mine .Replaced usb-c usb-c kabel with a lenovo dock usb-c cable. problem solved.
Many people complain about the stock usb-c cable giving no network connecting with blinking leds…

Aha…I had the short usb-c connected to Homey. Flipping the setup now. That sure gave me the correct connection. Thanks. This was not trivial.

Had same problem, just replaced the usb-c to usb-c cable with a new one and wired network suddenly worked without any setup changes.
Looks like they need to source a different supplier of the usb-c cables!

That did the trick for me! Thanks!
At least now it the Ethernet setting is enabled.

Let’s hope this makes my homey not go offline at random times

Is it possible you didn’t connect the adapter correctly (i first didn’t…). The lights will flicker then, but no connection is made… Make sure the ethernet-adapter-USB is directly plugged into the 220V-adapter - and not in the Homey. The Homey is then connected from the side-plug in the ethernet-adapter

Hi! I set my Homey up with WiFi connection but I just got the ethernet adapter. I connected it and as someone wrote above, both connections seem to be active. Is there any advantage/disadvantage of such setup? Should I enter the setup mode and disconnect wifi? Any suggestions? Thank you!

Good question, it’s explained several times at the forum, but I don’t know where, so here you go:

As far as I know (not tested):
When WLAN & LAN are both connected, only LAN is active. WLAN is connected, and has it’s own IP address, but no data is sent.
The idea is, when something on the LAN part goes south, the WLAN connection should be activated automatically, as kind of failover.

Thank you for the reply. I admit that I did not search the forum :sweat_smile: I am going away tomorrow, I just got the ethernet adapter and took the easy way out by asking in this thread. So thank you again :slight_smile:
I got the adapter because I noticed that when I restart my router, Homey does not re-connect to wifi automatically. I usually or always had to restart the Homey for it to reconnect. Probably something to do with the mesh network and the 5 GHz band. I hope that this issue will be solved by using the ethernet adapter.

1 Like

hi how do i remoce the wifi connection from homey if i have the ethernet connection enabled

wifi connected yes 192.168.2.119
ethernet connected yes 192.168.2.120

does it use both ?

first i connected it as ether direct to homey pro power cable to home side port image very miss leading

looked at image again

then DID connect ethernet adaptor to power adaptor side port to homey pro now it works but my wifi is enabled still

How can this be misleading (and I think the word is “confusing”, while you probably were not ripped off by the connection scheme):

You haven’t checked out https://support.homey.app yet, probably. Your questions are answered there

Enable setup mode to disable wifi, or block the MAC address in your router

No. Wifi is connected, but not used.
The idea was, it can function as failover, when something goes wrong with the LAN connection.
Not sure if that actually works :blush:

It should.

Here’s what my Homey says:

default via 192.168.23.1 dev eth1 proto dhcp metric 100
default via 192.168.23.1 dev wlan0 proto dhcp metric 600

Linux will prefer the interface with the lowest metric (which is eth1, the ethernet connection), but if that’s unavailable for whatever reason, the wlan0 interface will be used instead.

1 Like