[Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

The “zonnepanelen” app is also still running on the older version

1 Like

That app is in the list since the beginning, though in its original name, which is english: “solar panels”.
The (pretty old) test version is running SDKv3 though.

1 Like

Is there any update on Neo Coolcam sdk3 in the Homey App Store?

I have tried contacting @Momotica. Edit: Menno has answered and will do his best to update the app!

What to do when an app doesn’t get updated and the developer can’t be reached? it can’t be transferred then…

Nope still only on Github, developer doesn’t really respond on the forum (you can try slack, but no promises that he will respond), so no information will be given here from him.
I guess, it is done, when it is done.

For now it looks like a new app will have to be written with a different app ID.

Menno is usually pretty good with responds times, try making contact again, maybe even via Whatsapp.

Thanks.

I thought a different app ID isn’t enough. An app that does the same as another app cannot be published in the App Store. That’s my understanding. So that might be an issue for apps that can’t be transferred.

Menno knows I have contacted him many times. :blush: Already since last year about adding heat detectors. I understand he was busy at that time. Last contact was in June. Maybe someone else can also try to contact him.

Well it is the only way, Athom isn’t allowed (copyright and such) to transfer an app without the developer their consent. (i believe)
Also just copying the code isn’t allowed (without consent), so would have to be written from scratch.

That’s the thumb rule. Athom decides if another similar app is allowed, and they allow sometimes.

Right. So those apps will probably die unless developer agrees to transfer or updates… too bad.

I think in the case of FireAngel (if Menno stays offline) the user base is too small to have another developer start from scratch. Unfortunately those users - like me - have invested a lot in those products.

You can always explain the situation to Athom, they can try to contact the dev (by phone I guess).

1 Like

I am in (positive) contact with @Niels from SimpleLog, but it has been silence for a few days now.
But he was pretty busy as i understand it, so i hope he’ll respond again soon.

3 Likes

Anyone have the chance to breathe new life into this app?
Mill WiFi App for Homey | Homey
Not been updated in a year, and noone has heard from the developer :frowning:

edit: found the app on github for a little help :slight_smile: GitHub - glennsp/com.mill: Support for Mill WiFi heaters

I asked plugwise if they plan to update the app. They are working on it and the test version will be out soon.

2 Likes

@denniedegroot any updates bout the ring doorbell app?

2 Likes

I can confirm. I received an email, and they expect the app v3 to become available somewhere in December. :+1:

2 Likes

Simple LOG has just been transfered to me and will be updated to SDK3 soon!

18 Likes

@Arie_J_Godschalk That is great, probably you can also have a look at the .csv export function, with Chrome browser on Windows PC it didn’t work. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

As of how many apps maintaining and developing you are officially employed @Athom?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And second question; How many hours has an normal day(answer: for me 24).
RESPECT

7 Likes

Thank you again!

1 Like

here is the github link

1 Like

The GitHub link refers to a fork from @Dijker, but after a bit research I found the repositories from Martin P. alias @mapulu.
The following links lead to the repositories of Martin P. So if anyone is interested in updating the apps to SDK3, try to contact Martin P. via GitHub.
I just did it for the ABUS app, let’s see if there is a reaction.

ABUS
Oomi
Kaipule Z-Wave
Oilfox
Isolicht / HOMA

For the following apps I haven’t found any repos from Martin P.:
Hikvision
Luftdaten

2 Likes