[Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

@RonnyW

And that is exactly what i’m afraid about. I see developers that sto[[ed updating there app for years. There is no forum, email or contact possibillity. How could a othere developer take over there app?

Are the apps ‘draadloze weerstation’, ‘Email versturen’, "Hyperion’, ‘SSH client’, ‘LIFX (LAN)’ and ‘TP-link smart home’ already mentioned? :slight_smile:

The latest one has a original homey app, but that one works with the cloud. The one of Anne Baretta works thru LAN. This way the current update is in realtime and so for me more usefull.

Have you checked the first post?

The app must be transferred by the old owner to the new one.
I a app is “dead” and there is no chance to contect the developer, you can write Athom support. They can perhaps reach the dev over his account email.
If that’s not possible, you can write a new app (or extend the old from Github if it’s ok for the policy) and add it with a new app ID to the store. Athiom will hide the old one then, if they can’t reach the dev, too.

When the app is on github you can ask someone to do it for you personally and install it through cli

@RonnyW

Thanks Ron. For remote speak i see this on athom homey site: "This app is not compatible with Homey Pro (Early 2023).

This app is out of date and requires an update to run on Homey Pro (Early 2023). Unfortunately, the developer of this app does not provide direct support."

So i think even they can’t reach the developer.

@DirkG Thank you.
I didn’t noticed that there was a list.
I will look into that…

@Peter_de_Vos .

Thanks, Peter. I know how to install thru CLI. But i’m not a developer or know someone that can. :frowning: :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears:

Hi Peter,
what app do you mean?

Thats not what that message means.
It means there is no mail or supportinfo entered in the app.json.

2 Likes

@RonnyW. Remote speak. But @Arie_J_Godschalk already cleared it up. Thanks, Arie. It goes sometime beyond what i know and understand of developing, github, etc.

1 Like

In preparation for the new Homey Pro 2023 the Heimdall app is upgraded to support SDK3 an is now using the homey-api which replaces the athom-api

This means Heimdall is working with SDK3 but this does not mean it is automatically fully compatible with the new Homey Pro 2023!

Due to the removal of some functionality in the new Homey Pro 2023 some other changes have to be made to Heimdall . Questions on that subject have not been answered by Athom in the AMA and also not later when asked again on Slack. So the only way to be sure about this is to wait for the new Homey to arrive and test it and take it from there to see what the options are.

Luckily there is a little delay in production so only a small batch will be send out to developers in the first wave giving us developers time to catch problems and fix them before a lot of new Homey’s are send out to regular users.

7 Likes

@Arie_J_Godschalk has said he can help with upgrading the Mill Heater app if he gets the time. But is there some other developers in here having more free capacity and are willing to do it? The owning developer have said that he appreciates help

glennsp/com.mill: Support for Mill WiFi heaters (github.com)

Geupdatet:

2 Likes

Still noone able to fix this app? :frowning:

It is only 1 of the 170 apps that still have no SDKv3 version at all (or in process/on the developer’s timeline), the chances of the app still being updated before new year when it will become uninstallable, is becoming pretty slim.
But keeping asking for it, if we would do that for every app this topic wouldn’t be anything else, so please refrain from keeping on asking.

1 Like

I have some holidays coming up, so ill fix all my apps support tickets and the last few sdk3 rewrites.
But i dont think i will have time for any more.

6 Likes

Hello @Arie_J_Godschalk .
This is not to push you, but i just wanted to ask which Apps you are working on or gone work on. Or is there already a list or notification which app you are gone do?

And thanks for all your great work.

1 Like
4 Likes

Thank you @Peter_Kawa

1 Like