[Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

Any developer of a SonyAndroidTV or Yamaha app present in the forum?
I would like to know about the possibilities of upgrading to SDK3 - or passing the app to another developer.

Any developer for the Philips tv app

1 Like

I have rewritten a new app for SDK3 with similar functionality plus additional support for the latest go-eCharger devices that use their newer APIv2. App will be with new id “com.go-e.charger”.

And it is live now:

// Tapio

3 Likes

Simple LOG App voor Homey | Homey

SimpleLog SDK3 now in test.

9 Likes

Now that the new year is there (Happy new year everyone!) but still (probably) 2 weeks away from developers and the first batch of users to receive their Homey Pro (Early 2023) (Source: Christmas Development Blog Post).

Here a small update on the apps currently still on SDKv2 and the conversion rate towards the (soon?) mandatory SDKv3.

• There are currently still 168 apps on SDKv2 with no (official) announcement that they are going to update the app to SDKv3, but several developers have updated their app(s) even without announcement.
    Huge improvement from the starting point.
    At first these apps would have been flagged as “uninstallable” from January 1st 2023, but as of writing, these apps are still installable on all Homey Pro’s (Pre 2023).
  • There are currently 22 apps that have a SDKv3 version in progress (no test version), or the developer has granted his/her time this year to still convert their app(s) to support SDKv3.
  • There are currently 18 apps that have a SDKv3 version of the app in the appstore as “Test” version.
  • But the best part, there are as of January 2nd, 44 apps who are fully converted to SDKv3! Which is a pretty big undertaking in such a short periode of time (only 2 months!).

Of course all these (Community) Developers should receive a big Thank You! from the entire Community for their awesome work and what they have done by putting their own precious time into this, and still continue on doing so.

This topic (the first post) will also still continue to see updates as developers update their app(s) for the foreseeable future.

Big round of applause for all Community Developers :heart:!

And I would like to wish all of you a wonderfully automated 2023!

40 Likes

Evening Arie,

Just wondering if you’d made any progress with this one or if it’s still on the list.

I’ve eventually got a copy of the API spec from Heatmiser and have put together a map document of the API commands linked to flow cards if that would be any interest.

My next steps will be to start trying to hardcode my hub IP into an app to be able to run the most basic commands and try and build from their, but my knowledge in this area is quite limited.

I do also have a download. of the previous Athom Heatmiser app if any of this is of any interest.

Thanks

Nigel

Hello.

Is there a developer that would like to take over the ‘TP-Link Smart Home’ app? i requested to the previous developer if she was planning to update this app to be SDKv3 compatible. But she stopped investing in this app.

I know that there is a app from athom, but that one is cloud based and not local like this app. And the current update is every minute, and not 5 seconds like this app.

Information can be found here.

[Will it be SDKv3 compatible. · Issue #14 · abaretta/nu.baretta.tplink · GitHub]

Hope that someone sees the time and challange to take this over. That would be great.

2 Likes

I just decided to check my apps for compatibility, but I do not see the following apps at all in the opening post of this topic. Also a search doesn’t give me any hits for these two apps:

-Philips hue without the bridge
-Xiaomi Aqara

Do I miss something? Shouldn’t every app be in the overview of the starting post?

Yes: those apps were already compatible with the new Homey Pro. This thread is about apps that are, or were, not compatible.

If you want to check if an app is compatible, visit the app’s page in the app store, scroll down, and look for the “Works On” list.

2 Likes

I created a new app for Yamaha/Musicast receiver:

It replaces the old Yamaha app since the developer did not respond on contact attempts via Github issue and mail.
The new app has a new app ID. So you can install it parallel. Then add your receiver and adjust your flows.

Forum topic:

4 Likes

Until now 163 apps have not been updated to SDK3. For one of these apps I had also invested time myself and did the German translation. This is very frustrating for me.
But I think that not all 163 apps have to be updated, because some apps can be replaced by workarounds (I hate workarounds myself!). But for apps that make the use of possibly cost-intensive hardware obsolete, I see it differently.
Many concerned users probably try to contact the app developer themselves. But what if the app developer is not reachable, does not answer? And for many of these apps, users probably have no chance to contact the app developer at all.
Is Athom (@Emile) interested in these problems? Does Athom try to reach out to the app developers and find possible solutions? I don’t know. But I would certainly like to see it.

Info: This is not meant to be a basis for discussion. These are just my thoughts written down. :thought_balloon:

3 Likes

I was in contact with Athom support via Slack and they told me, Athom has informed all developers with SDK2 apps that their app needs an SDK update and will be hidden in the store in some weeks.
So if Athom has at least the users contact information from their account, I would assume all developers have been informed a long time ago.

3 Likes

Hi, let’s discuss it later in the coming app thread.
So far: the app has auto discovery and manual adding via IP if no device is found.

1 Like

Agree, I hope there will be a solution, or a volunteer.

I talked with the developer of the Fire Angel app and he will not be updating the app to SDK3, which is a problem since I (and many with me) invested heavily in their expensive, wired smoke detectors. Without the app, they’re just stupid smoke and heat detectors. Replacing them all isn’t an option, looking at the investment. Of course, I would be willing to donate for an updated app, as I’m sure more users will.

It’s a small and relatively easy app, so if there are volunteers to take over the development, let me know and I’ll send your contact data to the developer.

1 Like

If the source code would be public, it would help a developer alot since he doesn’t have to start from scratch

The developer will hand over everything, so also the code.

Hmm, the list states that the Brel Motors app has been replaced by a new Brel app. But the new Brel app does not yet support 433Mhz devices without the Hub (the old one did). So, the replacement is only a good one if you either have a Brel hub or you only have bi-directional devices.

:+1:t2: I’ll move it to alternative.

1 Like

Volunteers needed:

Screenshot from 2023-01-30 21-58-56

I’m happy to announce I have completely rewritten the Face++ app to SDK3. This means that face recognition is now supported by Homey 2023 and beyond :partying_face:

Could some of you test the new version and give me feedback? If all is good (well, at least not worse than the present stable version) then I will release the new version as stable. Face++ | Home

13 Likes