[Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

I am 90% complete rewriting the Alexa app to the sdk3.

11 Likes

Any news about the Mill app? Someone have the chance to help the developer upgrading to SDK 3? @Dijker: i saw that you made your own fork on github, do you plan on fixing it?

I just have send messages or mails about SDK3 update and/or takeover to:

• Neo Coolcam
  • BeNext
  • XBox Console Companion
9 Likes

Hi Arie,

Not to offend you or anything, but how do you guarantee maintenance on all your apps when, god forbidden, something happens to you?

Is there an agreement with Athom they can transfer your apps if you don’t respond on their request for a month for example?

6 Likes

As a first time homey owner once the '23 arrives, i do hope for updated Mill support!

1 Like

That is great to hear. Esspecially Neo Coolcam. I hope it will happens.

2 Likes

Is such an agreement possible, @DaneedeKruyff?
Heimdall is important for a lot of users too… :slight_smile: bit we of course hope that you will long and prosper life too… :wink:

I think such an agreement should have to be some sort of standard. We had the same problems with not being able to reach the developer of the Xiaomi Wifi app…

Hey Danee,

Well, first of, i don’t really feel the extreem need to gaurantee that, to be honest.
After 4 years of development, i have still donated more than i have received.
And most of my apps are made by myself.
For the Apps that i took over, they were all not updated in years, so me taking over and updating (and refreshing) them, is a save for now for the community in my books, more than the potential risk of later.
And, a guarantee like that, unfortuantly, is not part of the setup of Homey Apps.

Next of, all my sourcecode’s (except for Homey Watchman) are publicly available, so while there is still the app ID issue in the Athom store, the HCS doesn’t have that issue. So (if not for my However point), there is still a desent solution, just not with the Athom Store.

Thirdly, i do understand your point! I have come up with suggestions in other topics, but eventually, this is something @Athom has to fix.
Now, personally, i would not agree to a month of non-responsiveness, since i have a condition (called Cluster/Suicide-headackes) that sometimes takes me out of running more than a month at a time.
My apps all run (except Google Services) soly on Homey’s software, so it shouldn’t just break without Athom’s updates.

However

Ofcourse, when i die, i would find it a waste to see my apps vanish because Athom cannot take over the App-ID’s.
And as a self-employed software consultant and developer, i already have some folders and files (and backups) in a fire-safety-box, on where certain sourcecodes e.a. should go (once in a while, documents go to a laywer to be formatted and notarized.
On death, those files are handled by my wive and a (technicle) business partner, to distribute my sourcecodes etc.

I just added this (signed version) document to it:

For non-Dutch people. this says: On death, give all required sourcematerial of the Apps to Athom.

@Emile, perhaps Athom can comeup with a template for an “on-death” document such as this one.

@DaneedeKruyff Happy? :wink:

19 Likes

Yes, happy, you’ve clearly thought this through and very well I might add.

I agree on one month being to short, for me too it was just a figure.

Let’s see if and Emile how responds.

2 Likes

Arie, https://homey.app/sv-se/app/com.fp.advanced-scheduler/Advanced-Scheduler/ didn’t happen ? No push here, just asking, I think you are already contributing way too much (in good way)

Sorry to hear that, I hope you will be OKay (honestly not because of development and Homey)

I am in good dialog, gonna convert it today and next week.
i might take the app over or only help update, but anyway it should get updated somewhere next week.

Edit:
Right now, my focus lays on first fixing (in rapid speed) al apps containing the filesystem, which for my apps are a lott.

Also, i can help (and we have contact that the then will publish): NeoCoolcam and XBox Console Companion (next to Advanced Scheduler).

3 Likes

Thank you Arie ! I haven’t been asking on the ETA, just to let rest of the community know that you have accepted another challenge. But even 1 month is absolutely fine I would say, take your time please !

Independently depended to the topic :wink: …has anyone raised option for paid and non-paid apps on Homey store? I would be happy to support developers more but, frankly, I would like also rest of the comm. to join this contribution.

While eg. app having thousands of users paying eg. 0.5 USD / per app it is still much better then some of us contributing regularly irregularly eg. 10-20 USDs , while after all it means “nothing” (coffee / beer) to the community developer. I saw some figures from some of the devs and it’s ridiculous to be honest, from the motivational level is clearly de-motivation. Naturally it would have to be made in clever way and not Athom taking 90% fee :wink:

That would probably also resolve challenges like SDK changes, community developers being “fed-up” for whatever reasons (policy, politics, rules, frequency…) etc.

What do you think ? Just thinking out-loud, as this could be deployed maybe any time, regardless of the development state/status. And I’m also aware that also someone might get pissed off, again, just thinking out loud. Also I think this could co-exist to the Homey Premium model… or it could be eg. Homey Premium model for Homey Pro etc.

Has been raised, will probably never happen.
Me, for myself have decided to do an annual donation to the developers of apps I use.

5 Likes

I already (once in a while) donate to developers for the apps I use and/or who are doing a great job; I very much would welcome such a paid app model!
It would mean not only us are contributing to developers and the apps they create, but every user of the app would.
Now I sometimes feel I am paying for those users too. Which I will continue to do until another payment model is created (probably never).
Because I believe hard work has to be rewarded and one can’t only take, but has to give too once in a while…

2 Likes

Hehe, i read a lott of a “guy” just before the middle of the last century with a mustache: He also awarded people with hard work who he thought deserved it…

I think you mean rewarded :wink:

Sorry, i couldn’t resist :slight_smile:

I fully agree with your point ofc!

1 Like

As English is not the native language of all of us, you probably got the point I assume?
I have corrected it; glad I have made you laugh… :slight_smile:

As for me also and indeed, i got the point!

Well, indeed, when reading and translating it into dutch, it sounded a bit funny in my head: “Hard werken moet verdiend worden!” Thanks for the laugh!

Please note i didn’t laugh at you, just about the word (or actually just 2 characters) :wink:

2 Likes

It’s difficult to explain to your users that they paid a premium price for the hardware and then have to pay additionally for apps… :thinking:

Why?

My very small phone costs about € 1500.
I still have to pay (sometimes highly) for (good) apps!

3 Likes