Homey pro 2023 - zwave too much traffic error?

I have the same issue, have many GE/Jasco switches getting lots of RX retries. Not all of them though, maybe half. What is the brand of switches you have?

I removed all my Fibaro Roller Shutter 3ā€™s and bought Shelly instead! No more traffic/ack problems.

The Fibaro roller shutters are bugged as hell.

Also;
I have 34 Fibaro dimmers and they work without any issues

Shelly (blinds) cons:
They need to be calibrated reversed for some reason.
They do not update their status in the app (hard to know if the blinds are up, down, halfway etc)

On the other side. They react superfast.

I have 26 Leviton Zwave dimmers that take 30 - 60 sec to respond to a command from the App. This has been the case eversince I nstalled Homey. All the dimmers have very high RX values. Is this related to Silicon Labs chip problem? Any idea when this will get resolved?

It seems that the issue has actually almost been resolved since the 10.1.0 firmware, except the iBlinds :frowning: they make the network after some days worse as hell. Very hard to change them and considering to buy an second hand Fibaro home center for them. App developer didnā€™t react on GitHub, Athom says it hasnā€™t have the source code to find outā€¦ Great :frowning:

Failures TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_FAIL_PHY and TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK

Bug in iBlinds :frowning:
If the developer does not respond it will be impossible to solve.

Does it help to restart the app for them?
If so you could create a flow to restart ever night.

They are very chatty thats why :pensive::pensive: and not able to reduce traffic. Previously with Fibaro HC3 no issues at all.

Wtfā€¦ seems like the issue is back! Is it still working for you @Martijn_C ?

It is still unreliableā€¦ I still have devices who seem
to be on but are off, toggling the power results in communication failures. But overall it is not the mess from a couple of months ago.

1 Like

Iā€™ve installed a old Fibaro HC2 for the iBlinds modules and works perfectly. In meantime Iā€™ve spoke Athom to investigating the app. Iā€™ll need 2 systems to make it work till a solution is made. :face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye:

We have 3 iBlinds, two are paired authenticated and the other not authenticated. the authenticated iBlinds have very high RX, the non has none. Of course they all work, so unpairing and breaking all the flows is not something I prefer to do. Plus, these RX errors for iBlinds and also GE/Jasco dont seem to affect SmartThings, so one has to wonder if the issue is Homey Pro 2023.

Do people with clean install on HP23 have these problems or just us that have migrated from older Homey? ā€¦
(I am considering starting from scratch if that could helpā€¦)
@Emile

Do we know if this has officially been resolved by athom and the chip manufacturer.
All seems to have gone quiet and dont remember seeing anything from Athom.
The official development timeline doesnā€™t seem to be being referred to any more.

I think this release corrected the bug for most users:

v10.1.0

Core

• Fixes an issue where a zone could be its own parent.
  • Fixes an issue where apps could not always retrieve image streams.
  • Fixes an issue where the ā€œThe temperature becomes greater/less than Ā°Cā€ Flow card would not use Fahrenheit in countries using the imperial system.
  • Adds a Flow card for sending raw pronto hex IR commands (available through the Power User experiment).
  • Fixes an issue where App insights were deleted on reboot.
  • Fixes an undefined timezone for some users.
  • Fixes an issue where the time range in Insights would not use Homey Proā€™s timezone.
  • Fixes an issue where the ā€œStart a Flowā€ Flow card could not start Flows starting with a ā€œwhenā€ Flow card containing an argument.
  • Logs memory usage of Homey Pro to Insights (available through the Power User experiment).

Bluetooth Low Energy

• Improves BLE memory usage and performance.

433 MHz & IR

• Increase max message length to support longer IR and 433 MHz commands.

Z-Wave

• Updates Z-Wave firmware to reduce TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_FAIL errors. :arrow_left:
  • Improves message retry mechanism.
  • Adds support for Command Class Meter V6.
  • Adds power measurement capabilities to unknown Z-Wave devices (if supported by the device).

Thatā€™s great, thank you

Hi Anders, Z-Wave is still in rough shape for some. We have 45+ devices, and some actions are slow, fail or still complete after a while. Pairing isnā€™t always easy, GE/Jasco switches in particular, And most times you do have to move the Homey near by. Authentication sometimes only works using 00000 instead of the proper code. And I think the script is very misleading as once you exclude you actually need to wait until the screen refreshed before doing the inclusion. Plus sometimes using the Homey Generic Z-Wave is more successful. Hopefully a more robust fix is in the offing.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. Hope it will be better soon.

For z-wave you more or less always need to do that as it does not use any route when pairing. Zigbee on the other hand should be included where it is to be used as it is not so good at creating a route after pairing.

I noticed that too. Do report this to Athom as they are most likely not aware of this.

yes, Zigbee is solid for me, and have about the same number of devices as I have with z-wave. Pairing is fast too.

Have reported the script issue before, will do that again. For some reason I seem to recall they said it is up to the app developer, however, if I read the developer api documents homey provides the shell, so maybe a little of each.

Terrible. Almost every Fibaro Z-Wave devices are not functioning after the upgrade 10.3.0. What is going on with HP23? It should be stable and better. Iā€™m desperate. Is this Fibaro or Homey? Anyone with the same issues?

Yes, I have the same. Fibaro, Fakro, HeatIt, and some Aeotec.