Homey pro 2023 - zwave too much traffic error?

See my post above.

Beta version installed.

Created a Flow that turns on/off all lights in my house (Roughly +60 zwave devices) at the same time. Doing this on the old version would instantly trigger the error, now with the new Beta it works just fine.

So in my initial early tests it looks really good!

5 Likes

After the beta update it still doesnā€™t workā€¦

What does not work?

I see a radical improvement in my setup and canā€™t provoke the issue as I could before the update.

I still get the following message with many of my Z-wave modules: Transmit-complete-no-ack.

TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACK is not the same as TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_FAIL, a no ack error can be caused by several other things, like the distance, so Homey Pro canā€™t reach the device which is more likely.
Or lots of interferences causing issues.

No, I understand. But before update v10.0.0-rc.121 I didnā€™t have this problem and everything about my setup remained the same.

Sure, but the _fail issue is there from the very start, so that you only have it from an update doesnā€™t make very much sense that it is the same issue, it might be a firmware issue, as the firmware for z-wave did update in that version, but likely not the same issue, and could still be a coincidence.
and just a FYI, Interference can also be caused by anything outside your setup :wink:

Pretty easy to test of course, put the device very close to Homey and try it again a few times and see if that fixes it.

1 Like

v10.1.0-rc.4 is not a solution for me TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_FAIL has simply been replaced by ā€œNetwork request failedā€

network request failed is the developer tools/Web GUI failing to connect to your Homey, has nothing to do with Z-Wave

Interesting. Thatā€™s actually the error that comes up on the web UI: https://my.homey.app/homeys/

(not Developer Tools https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zwave)

In any case the majority of z-wave relay devices remain unresponsive. Other errors that show up are ā€œCould not reach the device - is it powered on?ā€

ā€¦and ā€œTimed out after 30000ms.ā€

Thatā€™s a new one for Z-Wave, ZigBee has had that one for some time already.

Send signal to Homey, but Homey didnā€™t send a responds in time back so that will timeout after 30 seconds so the web GUI isnā€™t constantly waiting.

This definitely sounds more like a local networking issue, or your Homeyā€™s network having a hickup, would advice you to reboot/PTP.

I installed v10.1.0-rc.4, but I dont see a difference. It still takes about 1 min to turn on/off any zwave light switch. My zwave network has 24 switches. This is very frustrating.

1 Like

Very weird that we have different experiences with the latest version (rc.4). I have ha a lot of trouble ever since migration from old homey pro, but now everything seems to work perfect. The rc.2 slowed down everything and seemed to be a fix where they just limited the number of messages, but with the rc.4 I think they solved the root problem. I hope.

I just want to ask you again: Did you have a clean install or migrated from another Homey? Does anyone have this issue with a clean install and no restore of settings/data from old Homey?

I have been running RC4 for a while now and for me it seam to have solved it. I have noticed that im geting way less tx errors compared to before.

clean install.

1 Like

I am running RC4 since three hours and I have more problems with my Z-wave network than ever.
Previously I never got the ā€œTRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACKā€ but now I get it with all my 800-series devices (shelly 1pm wave) and I can not control them. I also have problems with some 700-series devices.

1 Like

Same, just with Fibaroā€¦

I seem to have got it to work after I corrected one of my nodes that was out of power. I donā€™t get the ā€œTRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NO_ACKā€ any more but I do get ā€œUnreachableā€ even if I can control them.

With RC4 my zwave network reaction times come back near to normal reaction times.

Just added the first new zwave sensor since month successfully to the network. But it was a mess, more than ten times add a new device was needed.

The second test with a danfoss head controller was negative
Got messages like TRANSMIT COMPLETE FAIL PHY QUEUE or TRANSMIT COMPLETE FAIL PHY ā€¦.