Homey Pro 2023 firmware 10.3.0 - zigbee is broken

I think your right and seems from most comments to be mostly Aqara stuff
Darrell

The thing is 50% of my zigbee devices are from aqara/xiaomi and the other half ish are ikea devices. This should be the worst case scenario reading on the forumšŸ˜¬ but there are thousands and thousands of combinations of devices, apps, interference, other influences that it is impossible to make a direct comparison to other people and their problems. And that is the same reason that these thing can slip through testing with new firmwareā€™s.

Itā€™s actually broken. Homey want me to send them my unit for check. A Google search shows similar problems with lots of people. And not just in this community. Homey know about this problem. But they havenā€™t released info about it.

Whatever problem I have and search for I almost every time find many others with the same. Most of the time it doesnā€™t really represent an actual real big problem.
You have to know the actual total numbers of Homeyā€™s vs the number of users affected.

Guess that the only thing that counts is if you cooperate and give them te option to fix it.

5 Likes

So as update :

Even restarting every hour, the devices canā€™t be controlled from homey app or web app.

They need to solve it ASAP

simply add them as a generic zigbee device and then interview them in development tools

Additionally, in theory you only need the generic Homey zigbee driver for these devices types:

Thanks, guys.

I already upgraded and it went fine with generic.

1 Like

Not sure if it is related to 10.3.0 firmware, but last few days I am also losing cloud devices like Tesla car, weather underground weather stationā€¦ usually itā€™s for a few seconds, but sometimes I need to restart the app to get it working again, and sometimes it doesnā€™t work at all (lost devices seconds after app restarts).

You should note that Homey Pro (Early 2023) v10.3.1 has been released to the stable channel.

Zigbee

• Fixes an issue where devices were not made available again when they rejoined.
  • Fixes an issue where errors were not shown in the repair screens.

Homey Pro (Early 2023) changelog history: https://homey.app/en-us/wiki/homey-pro-early-2023-firmware-changelog/

1 Like

Installed it, working worse than, canā€™t control anything from app or web app,

Still bustedā€¦ thinking to sell the Homeyā€¦

Tried to add smpl display now with v10.3.1.
Still canā€™t find it. Smpl display is only zigbee device on my homey

1 Like

Roger, thereā€™s a specific issue with SMPL displays to connect as direct child to Homeyā€™s zigbee.
For now, using a zigbee router device as in-between should solve it. F.e. any zigbee light or wall plug.

1 Like

Still having issues with the Zigbee.

When I try to ping one of the Zigbee Routers I get this error :

Any ideas?

Easier said than done. I have SMPL display in living room with Homey, and like 10 other router devices (lights, plugs etc) which are closer to SMPL display than Homey, but I still got problems with pairing (got paired now, but had issues for more than a week).

Knock on wood : Zigbee is now working correctly since Iā€™ve applied the 10.3.1 update. Ping to router devices is also working without any problem.

Same here,
Zigbee AND zwave are broken since the last update :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I have even reset my homey, restored once, reset without restoringā€¦ to no avail.

Also having huge problems with my Homey pro 2016-2019 and Zigbee gear.
Starting to get really irritated, removed some Philips motion sensors and buttons, then put them back and it works for a day or two, then it stops working again?Turned off all forms of updating both of the homey and philips app but it is still something that makes it stop working!
It really feels like everything has escalated since the release of the new Homey version, from being a good product to being NOT WORKING gear, requiring a restart every now and then for it to work!

Leaning towards me switching to another more stable solutionā€¦ Thanks Homey for not working :unamused::-1:

2 Likes

Tried to add a hue light directly (without the phillips hub) but still canĀ“t add the smpl display.
The only zigbee device connected to this homey is the Hue light

Itā€™s just what other users reported, but the way you pair it, can make a difference.
Is the light as far away from Homey as possible, but still in range?
Then try to pair the SMPL display right next to the Hue light, I mean, like, a centimeter or so.