Homey Pro 2023 and Homey Bridge Satelite mode

Hi,
Any updates on this one?
I have a HP23 + a H-Bridge that i wanted to use as a satelite/signal repeater to get better coverage for all my devices. However - following this link adding the new bridge and connecting it to the same wifi it seems to me that it just shows up as an extra standalone device and dont say anything on beeing in satelite mode or showing in some way that it is beneath the HP23. (ive got 2 HP 19 on other locations as well).

Something im missing / anyone have a tip?

Brgds
HĂ„vard

1 Like

I believe this is it - currently it simply appears as standalone Z-Wave device in the dev. console and you can also choose for example antenna settings for IR devices. That’s how you can see it’s working/added as bridge
 the rest will come later (eg. ZigBee repeater)

1 Like

A little strange but thanks for your insight regardless.
Would think it should be easy to get the UI to show in a simple way that the device is now a satelite. Hopefully @homeypro can drop a few lines of code on it later on:-)

Ill check out dev. meanwhile

H/

@homeypro is just a normal User like you 
 What should he bing for info here?

My solution is to use an rPI with a z-wave-stick running Home Assistant.

1 Like

I believe this is still not implementedy by Homey.
I also bought an Homey Bridge to work as a satelite for Zigbee (long distance remote location which is just to far away for Zigbee repeater to work).
After the Homey software upgrade of a week ago this still does not work.
Originally Homey said this functionality was coming Q1 2023 but was then postponed to Q3 2023

If somebody knows more when this well be implemented, this would help me a lot

I would say, they work on it hard, so hopefully this year.

1 Like

Hmmmm I don’t know but
 thát is never promised?

What IS on the roadmap: the bridge as zigbee repeater / hop, simular to what’s already implemented with zwave.
As soon as it’s implemented, you’d find the bridge as an ordinary repeater/router in the zigbee page: https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zigbee
It becomes part of the Pro zigbee mesh, and zigbee only.
It will not relay zigbee signals through wifi.

Use version numbers, please. ‘Last week’ is not specific.

When you referred to these release notes:
'
continue our effort to bring new features 
 ’
It doesn’t say ‘new features of this release are:’

2 Likes

Satellite Mode for Zigbee is added in firmware v10.1.0-rc.2

1 Like

And satellite mode is transporting Zigbee over WiFi?

I don’t think so.

“The just-connected Homey Bridge will automatically join Homey Pro’s Zigbee * and Z-Wave network as powered repeater, strengthening your mesh network of both wireless technologies.”

But 433 and Infrared does.

“Homey Bridge can also act as a transmitter for your Infrared and 433 MHz devices. You can choose per-device whether to use Homey Pro itself, or one of your Homey Bridges as antenna.”

1 Like

I don’t believe it does unfortunately. This is a feature id love for them to implement. Right now its not so much Satelite, its more just a extender for Zwave / Zigbee. )433 it works like you want it to.)

I have a shed on my property on the same network / wifi as in my house but too far away for any Zigbee / Zwave device to reach, and I cant use the Satelite the way Id hoped it would work since it only extends the signal

1 Like

It’s ‘on their minds’. Maybe you can start a user survey to show Athom how many of us would love that feature

With update v10.1.0-rc.2 zigbee should be available as a repeater. Should the bridge be visible in the zigbee nodes after this update? I can see the node for zwave but missing the node for zigbee in the overview on the tools page.

Satellite Mode

• Adds functionality that enables Homey Bridge to act as a Zigbee router.

yes

Hmm will try a restart later today or if that doesn’t work a re add

Thank you!

Tries both options but no node visible in the zigbee overview. Does it show in your overview?

Yes - like in the ZWAVE.
Just to be sure, you have setup Homey as satellite, right ?

I have yes. Will wait for the stable release :wink:

I just bought the homey bridge to extend my homey pro ZigBee network. I am extremely disappointed as no difference I can see in my homey pro range ! I still can’t cover my second floor and can’t control it ?

Any help on how to extend my homey pro coverage for aqara switches and sensors

Tarek