Homey not working

Some hours ago my homey stopped working.
I can get in to the app (mobile app and webapp have same problem) and see the devices in there but it seems like it gets stuck loading devices. They all have a turning loading wheel on them that never stops turning.

What I have done so far:
-Turned Homey off 2 times. Second time I left it off for longer time.
-Restarted my modem and routers.
But issue persists.

Which Homey model, Sofia?

Homey pro. The older one.

Have you checked in the Apps section to ensure the app is loading OK?
Maybe the app tried to update and failed.
Is it really all your devices that have failed over multiple apps?

Yesterday the firmware version v12.0.2 was released. So it could be that something happened during the automatic update.
Or did the HP23 become overheated?

Ah, didn’t recognized that’s about the “old” Homey, sorry!

First grab an other power unit and USB cord, from a decent brand like Apple/Samsung, no cheap ass crap.
Make sure it’s 5 VDC/ 2 Amps or up.
Because the original power unit is known for degrading in time and output voltage dropping.

I left the homey off all night and in the morning it started and the loading circles on the devices are now gone.
But nothing works. As in I can’t see any statuses, all insights are empty and when I try to control any devices the request times out.

I assume this is not a power cord issue since Homey is up and running.

And yes, all devices are acting in the same way.

No, but still it’s quite a chance on a power supply issue.
But if you don’t try, I quit trying to help out.

1 Like

I agree with @Peter_Kawa, the USB power adaptor can degrade over time, which can cause the voltage to drop under load and have higher ripples on the voltage. That can cause many strange problems, even though it appears Homey is still sort of working. So it is definitely worth a try.

2 Likes

Will start by replacing the power cord then.

No it’s not just the cord, it’s the power unit and the cord :wink:

I will not be able to change the cord until December.
But I changed the adaptor and it didn’t fix the issue.