Homey Mobile App (v7.0.0.x) - (P)Review Alpha Testing

Edit.
I had to open this AppStore link, that included with email, with my phone, then access is granted.

Does an involved developer read this thread? Or where to report?

A bug: iOS and Favorite flows widget does not show any flows.
Previous, stable app was working fine.

So, you must have opened the appā€¦
And then you must have seen the big dark banner on topā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you. Reported.

1 Like

I got the timed out message sometimes but not constantly (Homey pro 23)

Is this related on the app , server at homey or anything else on my side ?

Iā€™m getting this on HP2019 - I guess this is your case as well ? Or HP2023 ?
I asked Athom in Bug report to increase this period but obviously this app is still so slow compared to the old oneā€¦

On HP23

I had enormous problems with timeouts on my HP23 in the beginning. I checked the WLAN router and it showed a bad connection to the HP23. I then fixed the HP23 to a nearby WLAN repeater. Since then I have not had a timeout.

1 Like

When I look into my Amplifi HD router itā€™s okay I think

I think itā€™s ok.
Is the HP23 right next to another electrical device (the other Homey, WLAN router, etc.)?
If so, I would recommend placing the devices further apart.

Itā€™s near an Alexa display and NVR

Does someone know where I can find a changelog of the app updates?

Here are the latest updates:

• Users with many devices should experience speed improvements with this release.
  • Fixed an issue where the app would crash when started from the background.
  • Setup is now available for earlier generations of Homey Pro in the beta app.
  • Weā€™ve also addressed over 30 minor issues to ensure a smoother overall experience.

They did great job, itā€™s usable finallyā€¦

Would love to be able to remove this screen section, as it eats away 20% of the home screen:

5 Likes

My tiles from smart presence app donā€™t show absence anymoreā€¦. Old app is still ok

Thisā€¦ It is really annoying

1 Like

Question for the new app users: howā€™s the app responding when there was a switch from local (wifi) to cloud (4G/5G) or switch from local wifi to another wifi when opening the app? Does it resync directly or does it have a timeout after 30 seconds like in the ā€œoldā€ app that you have to refresh the connection?
Itā€™s something pretty annoying with the current ā€œoldā€ appā€¦

I have the ā€œoldā€ app, and donā€™t have the issues you describe. So Iā€™m not sure you can point the finger at the app.
I think the phoneā€™s brand/model and even the individual settings, and/or maybe your wifi network setup, and/or maybe your mobile dataconnection are all in for causing different issues for different users.

iPhone 13 here, itā€™s mostly when you do something at home and then ā€œcloseā€ the app. Reopen it at work 30 minutes later (other Wifi network) then you can instantly see the devices (so no reload of the app) but when you try to control a device nothing happens because the app still thinks itā€™s connected locally through Wifi.

This was happening to me while using hp19, but with the new hp23 never had the same issues again, it was really annoying but its from the past now.