Homey Mobile App (v7.0.0.x) - (P)Review Alpha Testing

I also had several very annoying connectivity issues with Homey 2019 and the old App on my Pixel 5 on Android 13: when re-activiting the App after a while, switching mobile/wifi network, and even roaming between different wifi APs at home.

The new App is much more responsive with HP23, and even toggling between wifi/5G does not seem to introduce delays as the old one did. The only minor issue I have is that it starts up very slow initially (10s), although reopening/reactivating it is fine.

Now all we need is a dark theme and get rid of the Beta reminder, as mentioned before . :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:+1::+1:

2 Likes

I have this too, on the old app and the 7.0.0 app. I always need to ‘swipe away’ ea close from background and reopen Homey to get it working.
It looks like it has something to do with a direct/local connection and via the Athom servers.
Really anoying

I got removed as a tester from the ios beta…? Anyone else have this?

The beta banner just got removed!

Thanks Athom!

1 Like

I’m on the latest firmware but still have the banners :face_with_peeking_eye:

This applies only to the HP19 (and earlier). There was an orange banner (see post) on the start page, that the app is in beta state.

I received an update from the Android Playstore and got a different banner, which I could click to remove.

2 Likes

Here’s the changelog for the Android v7 beta app:

EDIT:
For iOs available in Testflight too:

1 Like

I received the Homey newsletter stating the new Homey app (v7) is now available for everyone. But I still can’t see the update in the Google Play Store. Anyone else with this problem?

Meanwhile my wife, which isn’t an active user, has the new app for almost 2 weeks already :joy:

I have seen this on an older Galaxy S7 Android. But also there it updated after installing the v6.11 app.
What model do you hsve the problem with?

Samsung Galaxy A53 5G, newer phone then the one from my wife.

I have a Galaxy S21, and the mobile app does not auto update from v6. I had thought that it would do so after the app went out of beta, but not in my case. I guess I might get the update if I uninstall and reinstall, but I find that a bit strange.

1 Like

I’ve got a response from Athom today. The provided me the following steps:

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps & Notifications. See all apps.
  3. Scroll down and tap Google Play Store.
  4. Tap Storage. Clear Cache.
  5. Tap Clear Data.
  6. Re-open the Play Store, and try your download again.

Unfortunately that didn’t work. Also tried it with unistalling the homey app first.

So the only solution the could give me for now, was to invite me to the beta app which worked for me.

Meh! My app was updated automatically to ver 7.2.2 yesterday and now it won’t start (just the pop up saying it crashed). Tried clearing all data and reinstalling the app but no luck.
Granted, it’s an ancient phone (ca 6 years) running Android 8.0.0 but as far as I understand it should be supported and if it’s actually too old it shouldn’t have gone ahead and installed.
Anyone else experienced similar issues?

I got .1242 version installed overnight which crashed upon adding new device.
But they already fixed it with .1244 so updated manually today.

But how come they release such a faulty version on Google? Not very encouraging actually.

Interesting, no issues on my Samsung S21 / Android 13

1 Like

Ou, that could explain it because I installed mine like 10PM …

The link for others (have to search for it myself)

1 Like

I also liked it when setting up flows within a Folder it just added to that folder.
Now it’s added on top of the folders for some unclear reason.