Homey location not working after update iPhone tot iOS 15

No iOS 15.3 does not fix the issue. iPhone 12 mini same as before. Leaving the home and no change. No location geofencing at all. The phone is at firmware 15.3, but nothing changed. Even uninstalling the homey app, reinstalling, reconnecting with our account. Settings checked at iPhone (location = alway on). What is the issue? Any idea? Who has the same issue? I do not believe iOS 15.3 did solve the issue.

For me iOS 15.3 solved it, do not have to have Homey app running in the background any more.
Does presence work when you have Homey app running?

Same here not working

Do you have the right settings on iPhone for Homey?

Hi Magnil. It is not the settings. It is still an unclear bug in the iOS. The location in my iphone XS does work randomly, at my wifes iphone 12 mini - no way. I uninstalled the homey apps and reinstalled. Checked the location settings (in iOS and in homey app). All correct. It is a bug in iOS, not behind the screen :blush:. I hope Athom fixes the issue soon, since it is pretty annoying, costs a lot if energy in winter times since lights dont go off automatically when leaving.

Very strange. It is still working for us on 2 iphones SE.
Also other app I use with problems before the update (Owntracks) now works again nonstop after installing 15.3.
Homey and owntracks both completely closed.

I may hope you mean Apple, not Athom.
Athom doesn’t do maintenance on ios firmware as far as I know :upside_down_face:

I may hope you mean Apple, not Athom.
Athom doesn’t do maintenance on ios firmware as far as I know :upside_down_face:

No, Athom is also in charge. Other software developers are able to use the location service provided by apple within their apps. So it is not only an issue of Apple. Athom can fix the homey app to work with the “as is interface provided by apple”.

Just want to say that presence seem to work now for me and the wife. Didnt work at all for us prior to ios 15.3.

Iphone 11 ios 15.3 and iPhone 8 ios 15.3

What i did was to flip all homey location and network settings off and on after the 15.3 ios update.

I can also confirm this. No problems at all.

It’s working again!

Works for me.

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by issuing with the “Share My Location” feature on your iPhone, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the problem:-
1. Check Location Services:-
-Ensure that Location Services are enabled on your iPhone. Go to “Settings” > “Privacy” >
“Location Services” and make sure it is turned on. Also, make sure that it is enabled for the
specific app you are using for sharing your location.
2. Enable Share My Location:-
-Confirm that the “Share My Location” feature is turned on. Go to “Settings” > [your Apple ID] >
“Find My” > “Share My Location.” Make sure the toggle switch is on.
3. Check Internet Connection:-
-Share My Location relies on an internet connection. Make sure your iPhone has an active
and stable internet connection, either through Wi-Fi or cellular data.
4. Restart Your iPhone:-
-A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary issues. Turn off your iPhone, wait a few
seconds, and then turn it back on.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve most common issues related to the “Share My Location” feature on your iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbumuSAJMA&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

I have the same problem. Before iOS 15 homey knew exactly where my home is. Now it thinks i live 10km away from home.