Homey location not working after update iPhone tot iOS 15

Hi, I have the same problem, the weird thing is in that situation I have an iPhone XS Max and the “Home / Away” function doesn’t work (iOS15.1) but on my girfriend’s phone (she have XR also iOS 15.1) its working fine without any problem even if the Homey app is closed in the background. So my idea is that what if I create a Shortcuts automation to → If I arrive home → App → Homey → Start a favorite Flow and in this flow I just mark myself at home. This could work? Thank you!

Unfortunately you’ll have to confirm it every time. It’s not fully automated

I great idea. I wonder do I have to make 2 virtual buttons (home & away) for each person/user one the Homey or does the HomeKit automations sort out who person that’s coming home/leaving from their phones? If you could share the Homey flow and HomeKit automations I would be very happy.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Please have a look in my previous post: HomeKit link

There is no specific Homey flow. The first card in the flow contains: Button has been pressed. (This is one of the 2 virtual buttons you have created. The Then card is: A person is leaving and for the other flow A person is arriving.

U have to try iOS shortcuts with action url - a Webhook will be send to the homey - unattended

Today I was triggered by a new iOS option. The Private Relay (Privédoorgifte) option was switched on on my iPhone. You can find this option in iOS: Settings => AppleID => iCloud.

I switched this option off and did some test by leaving home and going home.
I was surprised that home/away is working as it should be, also when the Homey app is not running.

So far I am not convinced yet. I is working now but there is no guarantee that it will work tomorrow or the days after. More test are needed.

Can someone check if the Private Relay option causes the issue in your home that home/away was not working on the new iOS15?

Actually, I feel the same, since yesterday. My wife and I left and arrived home lots of times, all was handled by Homey well, but I have not set anything at Private Relay.

I deactivated it shortly after Private Relay was introduced. Nevertheless, the Home/Away detection kept causing problems. Since a few weeks I run the Home/Away detection via HomeKit, so I don’t know what the current status is.

I’ll get back to here to let you know all what I experience. I created a backup automation which sets our status if the integrated service fails and it creates a log in the dashboard to let me know what happened. It was necessary anyway, because iPhones neither reported arrival/leave in low battery mode.

This is an extra feature of iCloud+ and I have it disabled since day 1. So sadly the answer is no. It’s not the reason why location isn’t working anymore…
Locative still working flawless here!

it seems to be working again after the app update from homey

I almost never close apps. Only when somethings hangs etc. Homey app is almost always open in the background, but location do not work reliable for me now. Have been for some months before IOS 15, and did not work earlier (last year or so?).
It’s just not reliable…
Works better for my wife (also iPhone and IOS 15). And she closes apps more often than me.
So closing the app should not have anything to do with it.

Family have four iPhones on IOS 14 and it have worked very good during the months we have had Homey.

I upgraded to 15.2 a couple of days ago and it does not work well. Have turned of private IP address (got that tip) but it does not help.

Seems to be working if I have the app running but not sure. Does not work if app is closed.

To all, FYI:

1 Like

It really annoys me that Athom does not make report what problems/bugs they know and are working on. Would have saved a lot of time of searching the net for reports and solutions.

1 Like

3 Likes

Too bad they forget to mention that there are also many app developers that are not experiencing problems with the geo-fencing implementation in their apps

1 Like

Hahaha.

Was just looking at the time stamps of their news updates…

“Identified” on the 23rd of December …:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lighting quick response …

What was more interesting was the next two updates only a day later …

“we are continuing to fix the problem”

After months of silence they have just recently said (not publicly BTW) that this is all Apples fault. So they have basically been sitting on their hands all this time essentially doing and saying nothing claiming that they have been waiting on “Apple” the last 3 months but are now saying …

“They” are fixing the problem… :thinking:

Many other IOS apps and Home Assistant have been working perfectly fine all this time.

What joke … The whole thing totally stinks of BS…

IOS 15.3 seems to have solved the problem. Finally :smiley:

Great! It works even if the Homey app is not running in the background?