Homey location not working after update iPhone tot iOS 15

They created it for the community to use, not to use for themselves, hence it being a Community forum, and also not to see all the complaints you have of them, if they would do that, they would have to do the same with their facebook, instagram and youtube pages, which they don’t, but also created by them.
You forgot to put yourself above the cloud castle saying you are “god” and better then Athom.

PS: You might want to dim down a bit with bashing on Athom, just saying.

1 Like

Good day all,

Do you have news on this issue?

We are all suffering from it. Some sort of update is appreciated.

Cheers

Speak for urself. Locative never let’s u down.

2 Likes

Didn’t know that one. Was using Homekit but like this (Locative App) solution better. Privacy is also ok?

If u want privacy best don’t tell anyone that ur coming home. Locative didn’t ever let me down. 100% accurate app for me.

Good point :sweat_smile:. Thnx

1 Like

Thanks for this alternative! Works like a charm!

I will never go back to the unreliable Homey geofencing again.

3 Likes

I guess with Locative and Home Assistant working perfectly it’s definitely not a problem with Apple …

1 Like

Maybe it is already mentioned. When you don’t shut down the app homey works oké. So keep it running on the background.

I also using the same workaround with a second app. They say this is As Designed.

With Core Location in iOS it shouldn’t be required to have the app running in the background. When iOS detects that you are at a certain location then it opens the app automatically in the background and pushes that location to the app. At least that’s how it should be :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you do that. I Also use homekit.

Have you created a automation or a shortcut?

Hi Andreas,

Yes that is correct. I made 2 Automations in Homekit. One for someone is coming home and someone who is leaving.

But before creating the 2 automations you have to add two virtual buttons in Homey.
Also one for home and one. for away. With these buttons you can trigger Home and Away in Homey.

Make sure that you have the app HomeyKit installed on Homey and that the 2 virtual buttons are visible in HomeKit on your iPhone.
When this is done, the only thing you have to do is creating the 2 automations in HomeKit. Select as accessoire the virtual button.

I hope this is clear for you to make it. If not, please let me know.

Ah Alright. Ive tried to make an automation and that way start a flow but that does not work beacuse i have to run the automation manually. Thanks for your tip

I think that will indeed not work. There is no need to start a flow, just trigger the virtual button in Homekit with this automation.
I hope it will work for you.

Do i Need homeykit? I have connected homey to homekit via experiment? Is there any difference?

You have more options and it will work better to use HomeyKit iso Homekit via experiment.
In HomeyKit you are able to select the devices you want to be visible in HomeKit.

So first deselect Experiments in Homey and make sure all the devices are gone in HomeKit added by Homey.
Then install HomeyKit.

Does homeykit update homekit if i add More units?

Yes it does and you are able to select or deselect devices in HomeyKit to make them visible in HomeKit.

Thanks for your tips and fast reply. This make my presenceissue go away.

1 Like