Homey keynote - 12 October 2022

Had exactly the same, paid the first order number, but the confirmation shows the last (highest) order number, same problem with you?

BANG ON!.. ALL MY 3 POINTS FULFILLED

Considering next future, the RAM and Storage space had to be still bigger.

PRE - ORDERED, with couple of Homey Bridge devices.

1 Like

Same here, paid with PayPal and status still shows “waiting for payment”.

I got 1 payed (bank account). My homey account shows 2 unpaid orders. Still no email :confused:

When the migration will be available from current Pro unit I’m all in. :yum: Before that not going to happen.

Over 200 better logic variables, 44 apps, 100 devices and over 300 flows which part is complex advanced flow, the “fresh start” won’t cut it.

Never the less, great work Athom for listening what the users need! Just make the migration happen… :pray:

3 Likes

:thinking:

I Think they stopped their e-mailserver for a bit since it was sending out over 25-30 confirmations before

16 confirmations here, in like 15 miutes time. Hope they can stop this. But yes, i preordered.

Would be nice if they tell you your place in the waiting list……
Now I only know that I am in the early acces programm

No speaker :frowning: I have no Spotify or Sonos. So no doorbell flow I guess.

1 Like

When I check my apps in the Homey Appstore, it seems that there is some work to be done for many developers too.
A LOT of my apps show the following warning:

I hope all developers have the time and energy to upgrade their apps when needed for Homey Pro 2023… :confused:
Will be happy to support them by a small donation. Hope other users here do so too!

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer Emile!

And one more question: In the keynote it was told that developers get in front of the queue.
Do we need to register somewhere for that?

I didn’t see any checkboxes for it during ordering.

And, as a developer, i trully hope that a migration is created.
Rewriting my flows wouldn’t be an real issue (i can use an app for that :wink: ), but reconnecting all my (zwave) devices would be to much work to make a fast transition(, especially during the holidays with my wive and kids).

So a migration would be key to getting app-developers up-and-running with the lovely new hardward, getting bugs out.

Because, hat’s off, it looks gorgeous Emile!

The timeline is somehow short :frowning: Not even speaking about apps that are gone from store and were still on SDK2. With the combination of no migration option…sorry, I will pass for sure, for now.

It’s in the app store on SDKv2 apps :confused:

F.e. Heimdall App voor Homey | Homey

For A.flows it won’t be a problem I guess?

Just as an additional note, there are currently 273 apps that aren’t supported in the app-store by the new Homey Pro (early 2023). (not taking along apps in Test), so be careful what you are wishing for when you already buy the new Homey Pro.

• Either by them being a SDKv2 app (most of them), SDKv2 is fully discontinued in Homey Pro (early 2023);
  • Make use of the speaker (no speaker in Homey Pro (early 2023));
  • Make use of the microphone (no microphones in Homey Pro (early 2023));
  • Change the LED Ring (the LED Ring isn’t adjustable, just like the Homey Bridge);
  • /userdata folder is being used to store some data.

I’ll create a wiki-thread very soon with the list of the apps that are currently unsupported, so we can try to keep it up-to-date.(?) and enhance the post.
The thread is live: [Homey Pro (Early 2023)] App unsupported list

5 Likes

Are you saying that apps that use /userdata do not function on the new pro 2023?

Correct, the directory is not available.:

The new Homey Pro is based on an entirely new architecture, and that means that a few breaking changes will happen.

• ManagerSpeechOutput is not available.
  • ManagerNFC is not available.
  • ManagerAudio is not available.
  • ManagerLedring is not available.
  • The /userdata directory is not available.

But is there a way to write data to the device by an app (like another directory)?

btw, in the app store, it doesn’t say that my Device Capabilities App voor Homey | Homey does not work. No warning of any kind.
But it uses the /userdata folder.

Edit
And where do i find this information? I didn’t see this before ordering or anywhere on the website?

Sdk version is a value in app.json, the use of /userdata isn’t, guess that’s the reason.