Homey 2023 & HomeWizard base station

Hi, just installed Homey 2023 and doing fine, not so much installing my HomeWizard base station. Configuration page disappears in 1 second. Cannot find solution in this forum. Tried everything from re-installing the app in Homey. Please help, this forum is not helping much.
Regards, Thon

1 Like

Please follow and ask for help in this thread.

Use the web interface for adding. There still seems a bug in the GUI client.

Ok, web interface seems to work ā€¦ā€¦ however, another mysterious problem turns up: Homey Pro ā€œ onbereikbaarā€, every time after a few seconds after a new login. What system is this ??

Donā€™t know. Kill Homey GUI client and try again.

Hi,
Thanks for your response. HomeWizard works fine with Homey now although interface could be better. Experiencing serious problems now not connecting to Homey regularlyā€¦. Looks like this system is not very stable, once awhile getting message that my Homey is offline??? Canā€™t understand this at all, how can a homesystem be offline regularly? A homesystem should be reliable, this is not working at all. Please help, my system is working on WiFi, would an Ethernet connection be more reliable?

Regards,
Thon

Hey, no clue. I am just a developer for my Homewizard app for Homey. This I do for hobby and fun. If you have issues with your Homey then reach out to support instead. My connection sometimes drops out as well and suck it up as I have seen worse before. Sure I have doubts whats the cause could be but at least it works.

1 Like

Hi Jeroen,
Appreciate your response and your work for Homey, thanks so much! I am new to Homey, still using HomeWizard happily ā€¦. and not impressed with Homey yet. Hope it will get better soon.
Best regards,

Thon Bor

When Homey uses wifi: try to ā€˜glueā€™ it to one Access point only (when applicable). By means of fiddling with your wifi system settings for band steering, transmit power or MAC filtering.
H. seems to not handle the hopping between APā€™s very well.

Pretty sure my HP23 doesnt ā€œhopā€, moreover it has a ethernet port so that rules out wifi problems. There sure is a disconnect problem in the GUI but lack the time and concentration to investigate further.

Sorry Jeroen,
I was replying to Thon

Thx to all, I just received a response from Athom, problem has been identified and a fix is expected in few weeks. Hurrah!

Just to inform others experiencing similar WiFi problems, Iā€™ve allocated the Homey a static IP address in my router and the system looks much more stable now, no more offline messages anymore! Iā€™m aware that every situation is different, in my case it has helped. At least Iā€™m confident the WiFi Homey is not that bad at first sight, it looks better all the time!
Regards, Thon