Heiman zigbee smoke sensor

Yes, I tried that one, but I guess the Heiman has a different device ID or so, because it doesn’t work. I’ll swap them for different ones.

I gave up on trying to develop a zigbee Heiman variant and switched to Frient.

I have made a Heiman Smoke Sensor driver. Zigbee 3.0 version.
Since the maker of Heiman z-wave app seams to be unresponsive, I will create a new app for this.
Estimates 1-2 weeks until test version is available.

2 Likes

And?

If you where asking me, I kind of dropped it. It did work, but there would be more to it.
I asked Homey to include it in the official zigbee app instead. I got a confirmation that they have assigned it to a developer.

It is just to include the name of the device in an existing list of devices and it works.

For now I have it in a zigbee2mqtt system, and use the zigbee2mqtt app for homey to include it as a device in homey. Much more stable than having it in homey.

I also bought 4 of these Heiman HS1SA TYZB01_tob46aoq fire detectors through Uncle Ali, thinking that they could be linked to Homey.
It was even mentioned in one of the reviews there.

Unfortunately, I have now also discovered that they are added as an unknown Zigbee device, but they have no functionality whatsoever in Homey.

I asked Athom to add this detector as @Peter_Kawa has done before.
Athom has responded and indicated that they have added it to the list of devices to be added. For what it’s worth, because at the same time they indicate that they focus on the development of Homey and do not have the manpower for the development of their own apps, etc.
We shouldn’t expect too much from that.

Because it is also a Tuya device, I made a request via Github to add the device to the Tuya Zigbee from @johan_bendz.

Unfortunately, this device cannot be interviewed via the developers page because an error message appears.
Hopefully it will be draft without adding this interview.

Does anyone have an idea why this device cannot be interviewed? I have tried all four but the same error.

Thanks.

Did you wake it up first as suggested?

Not sure how to wake it but I will have a look later today.
There is only a siren button for alarm for as far as I can see. :man_shrugging:

I assume it has a pairing button? Those can usually be used to keep the device awake by short-pressing them every few seconds.

Off course, pairing button. :man_facepalming:
Will try when I’m home.

Thanks.

The interview worked with with the pairing button. :+1:

Thanks.

1 Like

HI,
I have the same model and requested it, so there is no need to have a duplicate request for the same device. I sincerely hope some dev can be added since Athom lacks manpower. They give you some BS story that they’re busy and we need to wait bla bla bla… people have requested that more than a year ago.
If more people have this device, we can collectively ask a dev to build an app and we can pay something for the development. Just an idea that could speed this up.

1 Like

Tired of waiting just installed a version of HASS with Zigbee and the Homey plugin.

Same here, I have gave away the Heimen and bought the Trust/kaku version which works flawless.

Hello. I bought - Heiman Smart Carbon Monoxide Sensor (HS1CG-Z) - z-wave version that is listed as supported on Homey app. Device added successful but there is no status change on Homey when alarm is trigered:( Anyone are using this sensor and can help?

Best redards

Hi Lukasz,
Hint: If you’d like, you can reach the developer by following support links, or the ‘report an issue’ link at the homey.app store’s app page

Tnx for answer. I will try. I was thinking that someone have that sensor and know what to do to make it work.

Best regards

For Heiman z-wave gas sensor I found a solution.

You need to install this version by CLI com.heiman/ at master · slasktrat/com.heiman · GitHub