Smoke detector

Hello all,

I’m looking for a smoke detector device to connect with my Homey. What smoke detector do you use? Do you advice that device? I’m very curious to your opinions :smiley:

Michiel

I use the Z-Wave smoke detector from Heiman. It is a very simple and inexpensive device, as it has no additional functions other than reporting smoke.
That’s why the batteries last a long time.

1 Like

I use Somfy smoke detectors. I have 3 of them around the house and they interlink so if one goes off then the others follow. I can also send a test command from Homey to check them and make them sound. They do require a Somfy hub, which I already had, so might be a bit expensive if you don’t have one for other devices.

Hi,

I use the FIBARO Smoke Sensor / Z-Wave Plus Rauchsensor with integrated temperature sensor.

Easy installation, no problems so far, battery seems long lasting, small and inconspicuous.

Amazon * ASIN: B00HRE0MCI

(https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/312qyUrimRL.AC_SY580.jpg)
](https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00HRE0MCI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_asin_image#)

I guess there are not that much supported ZigBee smoke detector available. I know that the Heiman smoke detector is also available as ZigBee version, but I don’t know exactly which app supports this version. Just search in the forum.

The Heiman zigbee smoke detectors are supported by the Trust Smart Home app

2 Likes

Newer versions not yet. Athom wrote to me they will update the Trust app to support this version too
HS1SA

Netatmo.
this works with the latest app.

I have 2 Fibaro Smoke detectors.

I use smoke and heatdetectors from Fireangel. They have a slot for z-wave plus module. You can connect them wired also. This works fine. They have an zigbee-module too, but a few months ago that did not work yet.

1 Like

I also use the Heimann z-wave smoke detectors plus the Heimann carbonmonoxide detectors.

1 Like

I use KlikAanKlikUit zigbee battery (3 years) smoke detectors (homey bridge) About 30 euri. Small and a nice design. Flow connected with Sonos.
Groet van Ruud

I use Tuya smokedetectors they work great also zigbee versions or WiFi what you want. Search with AliExpress not expensive and I tested them with smoke detector test can.

@Michiel_Nijmegen, now it’s you turn. Make a decision… :joy:

1 Like

I choose these ones KlikAanKlikUit - Draadloze Rookmelder - ZSDR-850 | bol.com

So the KlikAanKlikUit - Draadloze Rookmelder - ZSDR-850. It is a zigbee smoke detector. Works fantastic!

I also use the HomeyKit app so I can use Homekit from apple. As you see on the image below it works very well and accurate.

Image zigbee

3 Likes

Looks good! How did you add the device to Homey? I don’t see a ZSDR-850 in the list of supported devices in the KlikAanKlikUit app in Homey?

Guess thats a Trust device? Kaku supports only RF 433Mhz

1 Like

Great, thanks!

I use the Kaku ones too. You can indeed use the Trust app on your Homey to add the Kaku smoke (and CO) detectors, just like @Dijker mentioned.
Works great!

1 Like

Cant find it in the documentation

Do all smoke sensor units sound when one is triggered?
(Or can you make a flow that makes them all sound the alarm)

• For the kaku
  • Or the heimdall