Greenwave Systems v.2.0 removed power capabilities

That is an idea. It would still add up to my total energy usage though. Too bad it seems there is no alternative power node that has power metering per outlet!

Is it correct that my app still shows 3.1.0?

What happens if I remove the app entirely? Will then the driver that installed yesterday be removed as well? To me it seems that I installed “something”, but I cannot see it anywhere

No, that’s not correct, you maybe have forgotten to disable AutoUpdate?
You have to do that in the 3.1.0 version, in the 1.1.1 version, this option does not exist.
You should see this:

You have to do the installation via CLI again, I’m afraid.
You probably already found the source-code on Github: GitHub - ronaldderksen/com.greenwavesystems: Drivers for Greenwave Systems devices

Removing the App, removes all of it, all devices have to be added again.

Ahum… let’s do that! Thanks for your support

1 Like

Tip: Before you install the new version, switch all devices to OFF so all power indicators are ‘0’ after starting the new version.

Yes, this works better! In an attempt to not add the overall power consumption to the separate power consumption I changed the “Status indicator” from “Watt” to “None”. After doing that, I noticed I cannot update any settings of the overall power node anymore.
The app gives me:

And the web app just doesn’t save the settings

Mostly after restarting the Homey-Greenwave-App (whith all sockets OFF), you can change more parameters.

Tried that, but it didn’t work. What DID work was removing the power node and adding it again. Quite a lot of work for something that used to work :slight_smile:

This is the only thing still open now. I’ve sent an E-mail to Athom requesting this feature (I think it is useful in other places than just this use case) and got the reply that they take it in consideration but cannot guarantee it will be done.
Then I noticed there is at least one topic on this: [Feature request] Excluding zones and devices from Homey Energy - Ideas & Suggestions - Homey Community Forum
And people are getting the same response on this for months/years.

By the way: I think it was stated that individual power monitoring isn’t supported anymore and instead we would get only the overall power metering, right?
I would be ok with that, but I don’t think this is implemented as such. With the most recent version of the app upon adding it it is displaying some data and then the data from PN1 is updated and duplicated as overall. Or am I doing something wrong there as well?

Anyway, it’s working smooth right now. And I have added a virtual sensor to compensate for the double metering.