Google text to speech (tts)

Waiting for the fix :disappointed_relieved:

it would be very nice if it could be fixed :innocent:

Suddenly it works again for me, and some others. A new voice though.:hugs:

Same overhere

1 Like

Same here, yesterday it works back again :smiley:

1 Like

Works here too, probably google made it work again, no Homey update nor TTS app update.

mine works…not sure is it temporary :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Strange…

I reinstalled it tonight and noticed there were new options for multiple voice types that I don’t recall seeing before. This is great as the voice I had before sucked.

One thing I did notice though is that though it’s set to normal play speed the voice sounds slightly slower than it should be. Maybe by 5% . Enough that it makes it sound irritating and a little stupidified…

TTS is not working anymore here since a couple of days.
More people with this experience?

No. Did you restart the app? That might solve it.

Yes I did. Multiple times… Makes no difference. Also tried it on several Google home speakers. But all are not working. Any idea what it could be?

Which version are you using - 1.4.3?
If you run a test flow manually, which error do you get?

It also still works fine for me,I hope that Google is not again playing around with it …

I’ve just tested my Google TTS v1.4.3 it still working fine with my old Google Home mini (1st Gen).
@Marcel_Visser if there no change in flow, try check your app version and local network too.

After 3 days, it suddenly started working again! :smiley: Thanks for the replies…

1 Like

Hi! Any chance to get this app ready with SDK3 for Homey Pro 2023?

@denniedegroot An upgrade to SDK3 would be great, I use the app every day to let the Google Mini speak to the kids! :slight_smile:

Guys, I’m afraid that @denniedegroot is not developing it anymore (he has also no activity on GitHUB) - last commit was made by me and only because I was partially lucky (not a developer). I tried recently to use Google services (which might be the future only way) but seems it is waaaaay to complex to just achieve TTS on Chromecast devices without reworking everything from scratch. I assume @Arie_J_Godschalk would not implement “old” TTS part into his famous Google Services, right Arie ? I mean without need to use or construct URL…

1 Like

Yes, i will make a solution for this.

Create a ticket at the Google Service BitBucket please?

But i first have to finish something else, then i’ll create a solution to fix the chromecast url issue.

3 Likes

@Sharkys

The Google Services app works right away with the TTS device (without creating a google thing/creditcard stuff)

Marvelous.
:index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :+1: :clap:

I hope that community will appreciate it and overload you by caffeine ! :wink: