Google text to speech (tts)

Yep Peter, I know but I have multiple devices and different playing scenarios (sometimes one devices, sometimes all devices etc.) …I know this might work, but it would require to create… 10 flows in Advanced flows for 5 devices ? and…recreate 100 flows with different conditions while passing Text token ?

Simply this is much more easier :

obrazek
(just for illustration)

Thats the cloud version peter, not the non-cloud, right?

The non-cloud seems to have an issue with the extention i guess.

It is the non-cloud Arie. I didn’t fill in anything, these flowcards worked right after app install

What?
I don’t get what you are saying, could you explain?

You only need one flow per device to trigger the url on chromecast.

After that, you need just one speed card per speech.

Maybe I’m missing here something Just to prevent confusion, we are speaking about OLD Google TTS app - Google TTS App for Homey | Homey and I hope I didn’t miss the concept of Google Services (Arie’s app) . Google TTS app (old one) works in the way, that app itself provide all the Chromecast devices list, and offers on action level to Start saying whatever you want on whatever Chromecast device you can connected to your Homey with variety of languages (22 in total “TTS”), speed and Volume, including option ALL devices (Chromecast Group).

I don’t know how to achieve the same on Google Services the same, simple, way - again speaking multiple devices or just one, different content etc. Eg. how to decide which device actually plays, I must create additional X devices to match Chromecast devices, create adv. flows like Peter posted above but how I send this URL/sound/speech to specific device, via Adv. triggers apps/actions ?

So if I will maybe reformulate my question above - is there a way to get Google TTS app compatible for SDK3 using the same very trivial principle ?

2 Likes

My bad when I misunderstood your questions.
I (we) are afraid that this topic’s app, Google TTS, is probably not going to be updated to SDK3.
I don’t understand why you want to find a way it can be upgraded, because there’s a perfectly fine alternative.

That’s why I mentioned Arie’s app, Google Services, with a flow example of how you can achieve something similar with the free ‘classic’ TTS device of Arie’s app.

As a workaround :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…because it still has it’s users, it not dependent on cloud subscription, it is simpler to use and provide much more language options (speaking about TTS). :wink: But thank you for your attempt to help, I appreciate it.

No problem, Sharkys. We don’t agree about a solution then :upside_down_face:

Hey @Sharkys , i am fine with rooting it to SDK3, if the developer can be contacted and transfers the App and Sourcecode over to me.
But as of now i have still not have contact with the developer.

Hey @denniedegroot, could i or another developer take over your app?
A lott of people depend on it.

4 Likes

I will convert this app to SDKv3 in due time.

9 Likes

Welcome back after 2 years and thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s GREAT!

Thanks @denniedegroot, love the app!

1 Like

FYI, thanks to the great work of @Martin_Verbeek , Google TTS has been rewritten to the SDK3. If you prefer to use version from Martin, you can go already to the HCS and install it - Homey Community Store (please note it will get installed as new app and you will have to redo your flows).

Original version might get updated by Dennie somewhere in the future - Issues · denniedegroot/com.google.tts · GitHub SDK3 compliant, fixed some issues, compose setup, new images by dudz40 · Pull Request #38 · denniedegroot/com.google.tts · GitHub

Btw by rewrite, Martin also added functionality to avoid sound on muted speakers :wink:

As always, consider to Donate to relevant developer, you will find links on relevant page, eg. for Martin - check out HCS.

2 Likes

Also casting to a nest stereo pair should work now. If you have a stereo pair active, casting to an individual speaker in that pair will not work.

3 Likes

Just got Sonos casting included, is that interresting?

2 Likes

check it out on HCS version 3.1.0. It is fresh please let me know if any troubles

2 Likes

I will probably migrate to your version on Sunday…I see no other choice anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thx, much appreciate! Unfortunately no speech on my Sonos S1 devices?

I can see that the volume is adjusted in the Sonos controller via the app but I get this error:

Translation: Playback of googletts.mp3 not possible. Connection tmpfiles.org was disconnected.

The app stores the output of tts temporary on a file that should be reachable by the Sonos device. No issue here on S1 devices. Looks like the file cannot be accessed by the Sonos device.

Can you access /tmp/files - About from another device in your network?