Google Nest SDM

Hub max is an issue, it is listed as supported in the API but nobody seems to get it to work.

Screenshot of person event that happened earlier today an motion a while back,this is a battery device

I have tried restarting and re adding but I can seem to get events to appear.
What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

Can you logout and login again in the app, when logging in google shows the device authorizations, can you check if events has been selected for the devices. I noticed it sometimes is hard to select and it letā€™s you wait a little before you can select this.
Again in Home these events needs to be send as push notifications.
Debugging this is hard as it is reliant on Google pubsub events system. The app is listening for events coming from that system. So the two recommendations above have to do with this.

IMPORTANT.

older versions of the app make use of a legacy style webhook, this hook will become inactive. Please upgrade to newest version of the app!!!

1 Like

@Martin_Verbeek , do you mean 6.0.1, right.

Yes, 6.0.3 will be released soon though

2 Likes

Flow error. I have 2 flows, both using the NEST tags ā€œtemperatuurā€ and ā€œingestelde temperatuurā€. One is giving an error, the other one does not. What am I missing here?

No error here:

Error here:

Hi Peter, what version are u running.

Martin Verbeek

i think it has to do with the increment step of 1 degree for the both Temperatuur and Ingestelde Temp arguments. The comparison is against Temperatuur (which is the measured temp) which has 2 decimals and thus triggers an error of an invalid step when used in the comparison.

That is interesting, because the Google documentation only shows these values with one decimal. But even if the Temperature is not rounded #.## and Set Temperature is rounded, this would make this equation not really reliable, because the smallest difference would make the CV to stop heating. On the other hand, I am very curious why a equation 20.80 < 19 could cause an error. Arenā€™t both values numeric?
If I look at the HA integration, the values are numeric with one decimal but there is also a state ā€œidleā€ and ā€œheatingā€ (I assume coming from Google ThermostatMode OFF and HEAT). Maybe this would be a sensible addition to the tags?
For the short term, how can I avoid this error?

its not the equation causing the error, but the definition of the step value. have to look into the rounding and setting of the args. no way to avoid in this version of the app.

What is the flow trying to accomplish?

The flow sets a variable of the CV state, which will trigger the floor heating pump. It is just a refinement of the power usage of the CV itself. First this is needed to exclude when the CV is active just to provide warm water, but second also to exclude when the CV itself doing a circulation of 2 minutes 3x per hour when it is in idle state. Otherwise the floor heating pump will be switched too frequently and unnecessary.

Hi, Iā€™ve installed the latest version 6.0.4, but the person seen and bell states donā€™t work anymore

Hi Dominic, from what version are you upgrading to 6.0.4 and could you pm me an example of the flows you use. Might be that you need to check and save (should not, but to be sure)ā€¦ also check thelog if an error shows around the time a person is detected (or force an event).

And no log is added when Iā€™m in front of the doorbell. I upgraded from the latest 5.*

Hmmm, not reported before. Could you go the app and hit the Google Nest tab. In the bottom box there will be a display of statuses, could you paste itā€™s contents. Want to check some basic stuff.

I assume you have Doorbell that is also shown in the legacy Nest app, not only in the Google Home app.

Yes itā€™s the legacy doorbell

I have the new Nest Cam and Doorbell. The only trigger that is working is person detection. Donā€™t know if thatā€™s it or if itā€™s a error on my side. Also, I donā€™t really care, because I only use the person detection.
Problem is that detecting a person doesnā€™t make the room active. The flow activates my outside lights and they used to turn off after 5 minutes without activity. But since no activity is registered at all, the lights stay on. This is since I updated to SDM 6.1.