Google Home discussion topic part 2

Hi,

Just got my homey and linked to my google account. In homey I have created different “Zones”. In google home I see all my devices belonging to the highest zone in the hierarchy which of course is “Home”. Therefore if I ask google to turn off the lights in the “office” it does nor recognize this room . Am I missing something?

Thanks

When you connect Google home to Homey it normally create the zones within the Google home app aswell. You could manually create zones / rooms in Google home and put the devices in the right rooms yourself. Have you tried the “Hey Google, sync my devices” command?

You should create rooms in Google Home and move your devices to the rooms.
Place the Google Home device in the same room it’s in and when you don’t specifiy a room in your voice command, the Assistant assumes you mean the room the Home device it’s in.
Works really well.

Thanks for your reply. I had to disconnect my homey and reconnect and now it works. Previously I connected homey/goolge then created zones and added devices. I have to check with next device I will add if the zone is synchronized to google too.

I noticed, that in google home app are currently also blinds/roller shutters from Homey displayed, but its not possible to control them - only device info is displayed. Is there any hint how to make them work beside the virtual device workaround?

You can only control shutters/blinds by voice.
This is limitation of Google Home, not Homey.

1 Like

When I ask Google to turn of the lights, it turns them off correctly but then replies with ‘An error occured with lights’ (or something like that in Dutch).
Why is Google or Homey telling me something went wrong with every light it switched on/off even though everything went fine?

It seems that it wont get correct response from Homey in defined time. It happens a lot when there is more lights/devices to be controlled at once. Homey gets instruction from Google, starts with execution, but response will come too late for google :slight_smile:

i´m very new with homey so I want to import my lights and sensors from google home to homey.
can someone help me?

gr Dick

thanx for the help…

Hi all, i have been using homey for some time and have successfully linked it with google home. However I am still quit new to this.

My Sonos speakers do not show up, even though they are linked in Homey. I have searched the forum but didn’t find an (clear) answer. Do I have to add my Sonos separately to google home in order to control them? Google can’t see them from homey?

Thanks for your support!

Google can’t read the Sonos Homey devices.
You have to add your Sonos Account in the Google Home app; ‘works with Google’ section.

Hello since à few week my flow to start a radio in iTunes not work on my Google home.

When I start manually the flow the Google home juste done “doing” (mean he receive the command) but nothing after… It the same for all radio.

Vocal order directly to Google home wirjs

Thank you for your help

Hey all,

Today, i wanted an old device to be out of google home, and i was stupid to disconnect and try to reconnect as i could just have used the synchronize button. Anyway, now i cant reconnect.

Homey says it cant update and i have to check my connection.

I also tried to connect a different way, and over there it says its connected, but whey i try to play the sound, its says: * pling* homey doesnt respond at this moment, try again later.

When i

I tried a 20 minute reset.
I tried to do it with the homey settings > google assistent
I tried a 2.4ghz connection. Nothing works.
Could anybody please help?

I got the same problem, see Google Home integration blocked.

Where your first screenshot come from?

Same.

Upgraded to V5. Lost connection
Thought i could remove and reconnect. just errors

Interim solution:
-Running google home with HASSIO for now.

Its from the first post in here:

Alright, is it hard to do that?
I d still love to have it back as it was /as it should be.

In short. yes

im not sure if this is the place to explain but if your serious you may send me a PM.
i already had HASSIO running but if you don’t, the way to go is: Homey>MQTT>HASSIO>CLOUD>Google

I confirm, it’s working fine again!!!
Thx to Athom team, but to be honest they still need to work on “communication skills” :slight_smile:

I advice to clean up previous linking before trying again!
at : https://myaccount.google.com/accountlinking?gar=1

1 Like