Google Home discussion topic part 2

Is it already possible to exclude devices that are syncing to Google? Or is there a work around? I have a Somfy sunscreen with a account but i can’t delete this because homey can’t control the Somfy lights.

I’m having some minor issues using the actions in Homey to play music on the Google Home. I have a flow to start casting a radio station on the GH. This works fine except that the Google Home app shows the media playing as ‘Homey’ instead of the actual station/artist.
When I ask Google to play the same station, the artist and song are shown.

Most people create a second home in Google Home and move unwanted devices there.

1 Like

Ik heb Homey en Google assistent in gebruik met vele vele apparaten. (Ikea blinds, Honeywell, lampen etc etc)

Ik heb Toshiba airconditioners met wifi interfaces. De native app van Toshiba is kwalitatief uitermate teleurstellend, maar laat Google assistent integratie toe. Daarmee is de temperatuur uit te lezen, te zetten, ac aan uit etc.

is het mogelijk om Homey aan Google Assistent te laten vragen om de AC aan te sturen? Kun je een niet ondersteund Homey apparaat dat wel met Google praat aansturen?

I set up Home Assistant with Homey and can get it to sync and I am generally very happy with the integration.

Is it possible to use the Google Assistant integration with a device that is not supported by Homey?

I have Toshiba ACs with WiFi modules. Their app is subpar so I prefer not to use it ever. It does however allow a connect to Google Home Assistant so I can use the Google nest screen to turn on/off the ac or set the heating or inquire to the temperature.

Toshiba ACs don’t integrate with Homey (yet) and hence was trying to find out if I can tell Homey to ask Google Home Assistant to serve these ACs as I can’t steer them from Homey.

Any thoughts?

Het is zeker wel mogelijk om via Homey Google Home aan te sturen, maar wel houtje touwtje achtig :wink:
Als je bijvoorbeeld 2 Ggl mini’s, of 1 mini en 1 nest hub, in 1 ruimte hebt staan:
Via de Ggl TTS app laat je Homey de volgende tekst uitspreken via één van de mini’s of hub:
“Okee google, okee, JouwCommando”.

De 2e ‘okee’ is cruciaal.

English:
It is certainly possible to control Google Home via Homey, but it is a bit ‘redneck’ style.
For example, if you have 2 Ggl minis, or 1 mini and 1 nest hub, in 1 room:
Via the Ggl TTS app you have Homey pronounce the following text via one of the minis or hub:
“Okay google, okay, YourCommand”.

The 2nd “okay” is crucial.

I use this way to set up my Thosiba AC with Homey. Its not the best way, but it works for now……

NL:

ik vond nog een mogelijkheid, ook lekker omslachtig; via het IFTTT platform.

IFTTT kan statussen uit homey lezen, en dan weer een routine in google starten.

EN: found yet another posibility , also kinda weird way around - through the IFTTT platform.

appearantly IFTTT can read statusses from homey and then start a routine in google.

1 Like

Do you have any examples :innocent:

Anyone having problems with routines? My “going to bed” routine turns off a number of lights and this used to work fine, but lately the lights stay on. Asking Google to turn off the lights works fine so they’re definitely synced.
The lights are aggregated using the group app and only the groups are visible in Google Home, the individual lights are moved out of sight (another “home” in Google home).