Google Home discussion topic part 2

In that case u should try the option I just gave.

As i understood when i was setting up, Voice Match is a way to make Google Assistant better understand (hear) who is talking.
The personal results setting is for adding multiple accounts to your Google Home (not assistant!) so the unit can give personal results when you ask something about personal data (calendar, contacts etc).
Voice match is more-less mandatory nowadays, personal results is optional.

My linking isn’t working.

Doing the steps , adding honey but I come back to setup device screens and the honey is not in the connected apps in Google home.
Is there any faq for this?

So I start here and end up here :

1 Like

I know what you mean. In my case it took me something like 10 times before it was connected. But it works in the end and I use some of the possibilities, mostly harmony hub and lights.

Is home google on in experimntal setting in homey ?

99,00 + airmiles for a mini? They cost no more that 29,95 normally…

Just take a look at the pic again.

Woops, now i see it. :flushed::blush:

2 Likes

Er zijn nieuwe stemmen voor TTS onderweg!

https://developers.google.com/actions/localization/languages-locales#dutch

Did you solve this? I couldn’t get it to work as well. Is it related to my country/region? I’m from Singapore

Since connecting Homey as a connected account in Google Home all devices from Philips Hue and Honeywell have duplicates since they were already in Google Homey, but now also added because of the connection with Homey.

This caused two problems;

1. The overview of connected devices gets cluttered.
  2. I get a vocal message of an error every time I ask Google Home to operate the duplicate devices.

The first issue has been partly and temporarily resolved by removing the duplicate devices that came from Homey from the corresponding rooms. Now they all end up at the bottom of the list as ‘in the house’ but not in a room.

The second issue is still there. It’s odd though that when switching 16 lights on, Google Home says turning on 32 lights, but when switching 16 lights off, Google Home says switching off 16 lights and that there is a problem with switching 16 lights.

Has there already been found ways to solve these separate issues?

1 Like

You can’t remove the direct connection between the hue and the google home?

That would solve it…

No, that would seem odd to me. I want Google to be directly linked to Philips Hue, Honeywell, Nest, etc. If am certain having them indirectly connected through Homey would limit my options in voice commands.

What I need is Google to recognize if a specific device ID is already connected or to be able to disconnect a specific device and not the entire service.

Homey should implement the way Smartthings does it’s Google Home integration. There you are able to choose which devices to connect to Google Home. I really hope they fix this. Until then I have deactivated the Homey integration :frowning:

Simple solution is to create a second house in the Google Home app and then transfer the duplicate devices you don’t want to that second home.
Now you have only the devices you want in your main house and everything works perfectly.

I would reckon that solves the cluttering issue, but not the error message right? If I ask Google to ‘turn off all lights’, it turns them off in all houses right?

Hi Auke,
I have no error messages anymore and no, the lights and devices in the other house are not turned off when you say ‘turn off all lights’.
Of course make sure you set your Google home app back to your main house after you put a duplicate light/device in the second house.
If you have many duplicate lights/devices it takes some time to transfer them all to the second house, you have to do them one by one.

1 Like

Creative solution, but you shouldn’t have to create a separate house in Google Home just to be able to remove unwanted devices from Google Home. Come on Homey, please fix this.

2 Likes

Ehm, Homey fix this?
This is Google Home standard behavior. It syncs all devices YOU connect to it.
So if you add your devices via Hue AND via Homey it does so.
And then you blame Homey for the duplicates? Why not blame Philips?

Oh, and by the way, Homey is the device, Athom is the company that develops it… :innocent:

1 Like

Yes I think Athom should implement the ability to choose what devices are being synced to Google Home. When other hubs can do this like Smartthings and it’s an obvious solution when it comes to using hubs with a smart speaker since there can be a lot of devices and there is a good chance you don’t want the smart speaker to see all of them. Also there is sometimes still better to connect some de devices directly to the smart speaker to get the most features and speed but you also need them connected to Homey.

1 Like