Google Home discussion topic part 2

I read “other hubS like SST”. But that’s only one hub in hub land where at least 15 brands exist.
Then still, you really want Athom to take in account all possible deviations that some people build and build an exception aroud that?
I myself would rather want a stable device which uses standards and take care of the exceptances myself.

1 Like

Should not be to hard i guess. Mqtt hub also has the possibility to exclude devices

1 Like

Some people really don’t get the point, do they!

I totally agree that

1. In Homey it should be possible to hide devices in the app / user interface
  2. Select what items should sync to Google Home.

Get real. Stop excusing Athom’s clear omissions.

5 Likes

Like someone else allready mentioned, if Athoms Homey should have the option to exclude, all other brands (including Philips Hue, IKEA tradfri etc.) should give that option.

If google would fix their sh** you could select what you want to control within google assistent instead of blaming all the other companies for obeying google’s forced rules in order to make it work with google assistent / home.

2 Likes

Anyone in here who has xiaomi temp sensors in homey and can get the temp in Google assistans? I have thoose all around the house but I can’t get Google to tell me the temp because it doesnt se my sensors.
I know there is an IFTTT work around, but isnt it possible to get it natively?

As far as I know, no.

Google is very specific is what device to show and what not. When I recently connected my Homey devices to show in Google, my Fibaro switches and Xiaomi Aqara curtain motors popped up, but not the door/window sensors or the temperature/humidity/airpressure sensors.

Supported devices

Google Home has limited support for certain devices. The following devices currently work with Homey + Google Assistant.

• Sockets, Switches and other On/Off devices
  • Lights
  • Thermostats
1 Like

When I ask Google assistant for the temperature in the livingroom it tells me the setpoint of the thermostat instead of the actual measured temperature :thinking:

I have an issue with a Tradfri color bulb (connected through Tradfri hub) and a Magic Home LED controller: their color selection is not available (anymore?) in Google Home app/assistant. Anyone else having this problem?

I must be doing something wrong. I Linked my homey (brand new) account in Google Home - enabled sync in the Homey Settings, Rebooted homey - but none of my devices from Google Home are appearing in Homey - any ideas? (Yes, I installed the homey apps for the devices)

Thanks in advance for any assistance

The sync is only from Homey to Google Home, honey is not capable of controlling google home connected devices

I have a issue with synchronising to google. If i check Enable synchronisation to Google i get the error missing homey id. I did connect homey in the google home app. Any idea?

Yes i can use google assistent, but can’t synchronize to google

it looks like your account at homey is not yet linked. you can link homey to google account with your google home app.

But i can say he google turn on tv.

I followed these steps (only step 4 missing)

I am still waiting for homey to integrate rollershutter devices with Google home, the api is there from Google side, would be a great improvement for homey being able to voice command the rollershutter via Google home

3 Likes

I also suffer the same issue regarding “Synchronise to google”

I went to the google home app, added homey, logged inn and added all the devices that was availble.
It didnt add anything else than bulbs. My HUE sensors and switches didnt come over.

Either way, i went back to the Homey app and pressed “Synchronise to google” and “Missing_homey_ID” pops up and it will not change the button.

EDIT: I Wonder if this can have something to do with what you have allowed google to collect from you.

Anyone who has experience using Google Home + Homey with two people?

I linked Homey to Google Home, and everything works fine. I enabled voicematch for myself, no problems there. The thing is, when my girlfriend registers voicematch, she is no longer able to turn on lights or anything, Google will tell that the devices are not available. When she removes voicematch though, everything works out fine.

My idea was that something is not right with permissions. Maybe Google tries to reach Homey devices via the Google-account of my girlfriend (she also has a Homey account btw), while I linked Homey to Google using my own account. Could that be the case, and where can I fix it? Or do you have any other thoughts?

Have you invited your girlfriend to your Goggle home “home” where you have all devices?

Yes, and I made her owner so she could edit settings etc. Still no luck though.

And it is in Google Home you have invited her, not as owner in Homey?