Google Home discussion topic (Archived 1)

Good to see Homey is now available (as a real connection now) through Google Home/Assistant, and most devices seem to be picked up and working. However, Rollershutters, Blinds, and so on seem to be missing, hopefully that’s still being added?

1 Like

My Toon thermostat isn’t working. Anyone else?

I also don’t see any roller shutters…

3 days ago Google announced support for shutters:

These are the sixteen new device types added: Awning, Boiler, Curtain, Door, Garage Door, Gate, Hood, Lock, Microwave, Pergola, Security System, Shutter, Shower, Valve, Water heater, and Window.

According to the official Google Home dev docs they should be available:

Might be that Athom needs to implement them.

1 Like

Just try it the way it is supposed to when something is native to Google Home:
(If the account is already linked, then unlink it first.)

Go to your Google Home app
Go to the account menu (the circle with the dot in it)
Press settings
Go to the assistant part
Select Home Control
Select manage accounts from the right upper 3 dots menu or the plus sign
Scroll down to Homey (which now finally shows in the list)
Follow the instructions.

That should work.

If something doesn’t work correctly yet (thermostats, etc), bare in mind that the firmware update information told us that app update 2.3.0 is needed, I don’t think they said this for no good reason.

Maybe a certain setting needs to be turned on for example, which isn’t possible yet in the app pre 2.3.0.

2 Likes

I got app 2.2.1.299

I’m also on app version 2.2.1.299 but I followed @ Jackass instructions a couple posts back and everything seems to work just fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far it seems I’m the only one with this problem. I asked support Homey to have a look too.

1 Like

Shutters aren’t natively supported by Google yet (I know, how stupid is that!?)
https://support.google.com/googlehome/forum/AAAAXWcshA0t_U3CJgMprQ/?hl=en&gpf=%23!topic%2Fgooglehome%2Ft_U3CJgMprQ%3Bcontext-place%3Dtopicsearchin%2Fgooglehome%2Fcategory%243Adiscuss-and-give-feedback

[edit]
Hm, just found this: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/03/13/google-assistant-can-natively-control-smart-blinds/

So it appears there IS native support.
It might still be a Homey-problem then…

Despite fault message my homey devices have appeared in Google Home

See my post here:

1 Like

Wow, sorry, completely missed that! :smiley:

We’ll see what app 2.3 brings or maybe we’ll just have to wait until Athom implements those new devices.

When using a virtual Device “buttons” are not added but a virtual “light” is added as a device in google home. this can be switch by google home. So i will try this evening if i can turn on the virtal light with a voice command to start a flow in Homey.

Yeah!!! Great job that we are moving forward with this intergration

Spirit Zwave Thermostat is added but cannot controlled. same as the NEST thermostat added by homey(i see two. one added by nest and one by homey)

Sharing my results only no criticism!! Love the steps ahead

Maybe we wait for the new app which is needed for this like Emile stated and is in the change log before we all yell what is not working.
I see a lot of posts with what is not working instead of “Yeah, great job!!” and wait for the new app to see how wonderful this is.

5 Likes

Like in most communities. the lack of excessive complaints is the biggest compliment!

1 Like

Awesome! You can always buy me a coffee… and there I mean real coffee :wink:

Please wait with contacting support regarding “issues” with the Google Home integration. As stated on the firmware changelog, version 2.3.0 is needed for this integration to work as intended :slight_smile:

Ok cool :slight_smile: And is 2.3 on it’s way or?