Google Home discussion topic (Archived 1)

@Rocodamelshekima when I do that (from within the Homey app) my Google home mini makes a sound, and then it says “Homey isn’t responding right now, try again soon”. So appearantly it’s all of a sudden linked, but not completely? Also, when I say “Hey Google, let me talk to homey” it works, but when I say “hey Google, ask homey to turn on living light one” it always starts talking about some Harmony account, no matter how many times I try…

@PetervdK thanks for the tip! Tried it, but nothing appears in the browse section :confused:

Ok, since the link from Rocodamelshe works, go there again and then first use the “unlink” function. After completing this, link again so you have to reconnect your userid.

Btw, you better save the link, because GH loses the connection with the Homey account regularly you probably have to do this every 3 to 5 weeks.

1 Like

Okay, not sure if I tried this already, but I will do so this evening!

About the link, thanks for the tip! Although I believe I can acces this through the Homey app -> Settings -> Google assistant?

Hmm, didn’t know that… :innocent::blush:
Not sure if that has the same effect as doing it via the Google Home app. I assume it does.
I am not going to try it if you don’t mind, as it’s working fine now with me and i want to keep it that way… :innocent:

:nerd_face: What happens with you when you choose “send to device <Google Home (mini)>”? With me as I said earlier, my Google home mini makes a sound, and then it says “Homey isn’t responding right now, try again soon”. Curious to know what it does in your case!

Like i said, i won’t try that, sorry. It has cost me a week to get it working on all devices (4) with all the members (4) using their own Home and Homey account.
I am very afraid if i try the send option, the current setting will be overwritten some how…

Yeah, that’s the reason i don’t want to mess with it. We all have our own accounts and own voice matches. So every device in the house recognizes who is talking and will answer or act with the personal accounts of that person.

@PetervdK no problem, I understand you don’t want to mess with it now that it works ;-).
@Rocodamelshekima thanks for testing! Different message unfortunately…

I’m really confused as to whether or not it is working right now, because when I say “Hey Google, let me talk to Homey” it works, cause then Homey comes and says you need to sey “Hey Google, ask Homey to…”. Although when I do that with 10 different pronounciations, it keeps telling me that my Harmony account isn’t linked -_- … And when I say “Hey Google, tell homey I’m going to bed” or anyting similar, it says “I can’t send messages yet”. And lastly when I click the send to device button as said earlier I get the message from Google Home that Homey isn’t responding right now… :confused:

So I guess I’ll just have to wait for the full integration of Google Home & Homey :soon: :crossed_fingers:

Just curious, did you complete the voice match part?
And what happens if you just type the command in the Google Home app instead of speaking to it?

What sometimes helps is to pronounce “Homey” with a long “Ooo” or more with a “oeu” sound. Then it will be less interpreted as “Harmony”.

Morning,

I’ve installed the new firmware this morning and spotted this line:

- Add support for Google Assistant. (Requires smartphone app v2.3.0)
(https://firmware.athom.com/)

Is this a new kind of implementation? Or will this be for native support?

I guess we won’t know until the new app is being released as for now it is still only 2.2.1 in the store.

This is for nativ support. But we need to wait for the new android version to add the new feature

We will see :smiley:

Maybe native support will make it worth to buy the Nest Hub

I interpret this as Google having approved everything. Awesome if this is the case! :smiley:

So just as I anticipated (since last Homey update mentioned Google Assistant update) Google Home finally has full acces to Homey! Works great for most things. Only my ZWave Devolo radiator knob doesn’t do anything (it shows up, but no info/actions. I removed the Gbridge link to fully test this. Too bad I cannot hide certain devices from Google Home. I have some devices connected directly to Google Home and Homey, which causes them to show up twice. Perhaps I’ll just delete the direct Google Home link with those devices.

Btw, there still is no Homey 2.3 app, but it still works.

Edit: just unlinked IKEA and Mi Home connection and strictly use Homey connection within Google Home. Those devices just as fast and direct as direct connection :)! Also I created a new room called “Unused” and just put the devices and virtual devices for Flows I don’t use with speech in there. Also my Aqara curtains is only seen as a switch instead of actual curtains with percentage open/close. This way I have to say “turn on/off curtains” instead “open/close curtains”.

Here’s hoping the Devolo ZWave radiator will work soon. Everything else works very well for now!

Edit 2: although my Aqara curtains are seen as a switch, I can set it at percentages. So that’s less of a issue now.

Edit 3: unfortunately the Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee “battery” devices do not show up. Like the temperature sensor, door sensor and zigbee buttons. The power plug and curtain do show up though. Maybe Google Home doesn’t support sensors (yet)?

Here’s hoping the mentioned Homey 2.3 app will add some fixes and features. Though I am VERY happy since this works better than with the Gbridge and 95% is usable straight away as it should.

2 Likes

Holy smoke, it actually works!!

2 Likes

Nice!

Ow yes it works!
But but but. Not all devices show up in Google home.

It works. But how can i turn 1 light on with the name livingroom. If i trie this all light in the livingroom turns on.
Second question is how can i start a flow without saying ask homey