Garage door Controller

Hi everyone,
I just bought a ZigBee garage door controller. This one works with Tuya and Smart Life. Unfortunately I can’t make it to work on my Homey Pro. In learn mode I can find this device and install it, it’s visible in the app of Homey but I cant use it to control my garage door. When I click on the visible ZigBee device in the app an error pops up saying ’ This device cannot be turned off. Adjust the device settings to disable this function’. Is this because I do need a ZigBee gateway?
Thanks for any advice.

A new Homey user

Sounds like it might have been added as a generic device, which won’t work (Homey’s generic Zigbee device support is limited to lights and sockets).

If you can’t find a device that supports your device (the Tuya Zigbee app seems the most appropriate), Homey simply doesn’t support it.

This is contradictory, sorry.
If you don’t have a (Tuya) zigbee gateway in place, no way a zigbee sensor can be added to the phone’s Tuya Smart / Smart Life app…?

But, if the sensor actually works in these apps in your setup, without having a zigbee gateway in place, you can try the Homey Tuya app.

Thanks for that.

I mean thats what the manual of the device says.
Indeed I can’t add it to my phone.

I only could add it without it to work on the Homey.

Thanks anyway.

I see! Did you get any results with the Tuya zigbee app Robert linked to?