Flow limits with Aqara wireless switch

Hi Group,

I have recently started using the Homey bridge. Currently I am testing the Aqara wireless switch (H1)
via this app: Aqara & Xiaomi ZigBee App for Homey | Homey and seeing some problems. There seems to be a limit on the number of times flows are triggered by button presses when pressed back-to-back. This limit seems to be 4-5 and then nothing works and then I have to wait for about 30seconds to a minute for flows to respond again.

I thought it might be due to the flows switching on/off multiple devices, but the same issue also occurs with a very simple flow which just send a push notification. Has anyone else faced this problem or can think of ways to troubleshoot or solve this? Thanks in advance.

PS: I did try searching but couldn’t find anything related. If something on this already exists, would be helpful if you could pls point me there :slight_smile:

De knop meerdere malen indrukken en na een paar keer gebeurt er niets meer - #11 by robertklep (Dutch only)

Hello @robertklep , thanks for your reply and pointing me to these thread. I had read the second thread and understood and these problems occur when we have multiple devices or with big flows with multiple actions in “then” section.
But seems like this is impacting, even a basic flow like:
if “zigbee switch press”, and “”, then “send push notification”
and the rate limit seems to be very low: 4-5 times per a time-frame of 10-15 seconds. This is quite unfortunate :frowning:
Do you know, maybe from experience, any workarounds or ways to fix this? I’ll also put it in the beta feedback.

No, I don’t use Homey Cloud :frowning:

Please report, also while it isn’t acknowledged as issue yet